Is fuel cost affecting............

James K

NO, I'm always like this
......................your recreation.............brought to you by a OCNORB'S suggestion :D

OCNORB said:
What would be interesting is a thread about how the increased fuel prices will affect our sport. Will you take less trips wheeling in the future?? Will your outings be closer to home?? Are you looking to downsize to a smaller/lighter rig?? Are diesel swaps worth it anymore?? How many will sell their 4x4's and get out of the sport completetly??
I know I have taken less trips this year. The camping trips I have done this year have been closer to home.

and yes, I have seriously considered selling my rig, but that is because I want something different.

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Yes fuel has changed the amount of trips I have done this year, but it has not been the deciding factor, time has taken over more. I just bought a new CTD this year and it does kinda suck that the cost of fuel has increased, however, I can go twice as far on less fuel and have 10 times the towing capacities. My life will not revolve around the cost of fuel, if you can not afford the rig you choose you should choose another rig. If you choose another, will it be better? How will you get your toys to the trail or camp site? For me, the amount of trip will change more so than the rig.

Bone Down

it has not slowed me down yet this year and I only have a few trips left to fulfill at this time, however if the trend stays the same next season will be a new story.

harkinoff

something to do...
I've done a ton of trips this year. I haven't taken my motorhome on one of them though... I always took my motorhome before the fuel costs. Now I will just stay in a motel, far cheaper.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
harkinoff said:
I've done a ton of trips this year. I haven't taken my motorhome on one of them though... I always took my motorhome before the fuel costs. Now I will just stay in a motel, far cheaper.
Yep, Moab will be Hotel Only for awhile...