Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The dusty road excuse for a snorkel is my favorite, but, hey I haven’t engaged my lockers for over a year🤷‍♀️

Excuse? Auto/truck/tractor manufactures around the globe offer them OE, ever watch a Dakar desert rally? They are often designed specifically for clean/cool air, not water fording. Thus would be the case for the OE Toyota applications found around the world.

They should all start consulting your expertise. You sound like a guy I want to learn from lol. You offer training? :D

Ha! I always chuckled at folks who saw the factory snorkel on the mog and asked about going through water that deep. While the military did use the snorkel for water, truth be told, I suspect the original design had very little to do with fording rivers and more to do with the heritage as an agricultural implement. Most tractors have a snorkel and usually a cyclone prefilter like a unimog to eliminate dust and dirt from the intake air.

Excuse? Auto/truck/tractor manufactures around the globe offer them OE, ever watch a Dakar desert rally? They are often designed specifically for clean/cool air, not water fording. Thus would be the case for the OE Toyota applications found around the world.

They should all start consulting your expertise. You sound like a guy I want to learn from lol. You offer training? :D
I knew this would set you on tilt, so I deleted it last night after I posted it. You did not disappoint👍

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow!!! I purposely stayed away from the "Rona" thread. Now I'm wondering about this one...

Well, this is a 4x4 forum so I would naturally expect some level of stuffiness and judgement about the mods and vehicle selections of others. If this were a medical forum, I would understand the Rona thread more :D

Last edited:
Is it Chicken Corners or Chicken S***? If you're going to lob passive aggressive insults, at least don't delete them and own them. :D
Own them, I was just trying to keep you from puking all over yourself, that’s why I deleted it, I failed. Look, I get it, a large part of you business is the “overland” crowd and slinging snorkels and RTT.
I appreciate, the hard work you do keeping trails open, and have expressed that in post regarding your time working on getting strike Strike Ravine open. Hell in February, of 2015 me and my son attended a Tread Lightly Class you put on. We enjoyed it.

Reactions: DAA