Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

The_Lobbster

View attachment 142661Can we make light of Low Range advertising on KSL today that still has their Orem address on it??
It's been like that for quite a while, I chuckle everytime I see it. I don't know if TrailGear is even aware that they are even advertising there. I've been tempted to email KSL and ask what the deal is. All the cool peeps at LR are long gone, so no point asking there.

The_Lobbster

After dealing with them earlier this year, it doesn't surprise me. They're NOT the LROR of old.
Everybody of old is gone. Literally nobody is the same, not even any of the peeps that were there when they closed Orem down are still there. Their head “tech” recommended to a former employee to use RTV in place of some tcase gaskets he requested to order, rather than just selling him what he asked for.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!

Cool build but does anyone else think that tranny is a 700R4 or 4l60e behind the vortec V6 with that Lokar shifter, t-case shifter placement, and shift pattern?

My guess is someone bought it with no clue about what was there... :rolleyes:

The_Lobbster

Cool build but does anyone else think that tranny is a 700R4 or 4l60e behind the vortec V6 with that Lokar shifter, t-case shifter placement, and shift pattern?

Looks like Toyota stuff to me, other than the wonky sticker, the shifters look like mini truck stuff to me.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.

I could be mistaken, but I believe all the mini truck automatic transmissions were 3 speeds. The tag on the glove box shows a 4 speed shift pattern.

The_Lobbster

I could be mistaken, but I believe all the mini truck automatic transmissions were 3 speeds. The tag on the glove box shows a 4 speed shift pattern.
I do believe you are correct, but I’m just suspecting whoever built it incorrectly slapped that tag on there. Or perhaps somebody swapped the stuff out since it had been built. The shifter appears to me to be a standard unit, I tried zooming in to see how many pedals it has but I can’t quite make it out.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I saw this ad and wish I had the converter mentioned. Many times after a bouncy off road ride I wished I could switch modes and have a nice ride home.
Great little 5 speed jeep. Perfect for a teenager or college student does need some work. Runs great!
*No Cadillac converter

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

That's Greg miller's kid. I assume that was built for Greg years ago and Oakley inherited it through Greg's disinterest