Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I honestly can't tell if I am just completely out of touch with pricing, or if people are just high.

This appears (hard to tell from the super hi-quality pics) to be a pretty basic LJ. No real detail....but DAM, this is just crazy to me.

LJ’s have been expensive for years. I’ve seen some sell for mid-20’s but I don’t think they’re going for that right now.

Pike2350

I listed mine for $25k and had 3 people wanting to drive from other states to buy it within 24 hours of listing it. I backed out and told them I decided to keep it. That was last summer.
Your LJ I can see the price. The 5.3L, all the other off-road upgrades. LJ"s are worth a fair bit more......and yours qualifies because it has even more then average upgrades, especially with the engine swap. But or what appears to be a fairly basic LJ with not much more than custom bumpers and a winch, I don't know what the guy is thinking.

Then again, there is still the guy with the Frontier Crew Cab I posted quite a long time ago still putting it up on KSL for $40k, or the '05 Liberty Diesel for $15k. Some people are just sky high in their opinion of their vehicle's worth

Pike2350

Another couple of "WTF" pricing. I just think some people are so out of touch it's amazing.

Crazy. The guy with the Bronco didn't sell back in January, so yeah, let's raise the price....makes complete sense.

Another High is Snoop Dogg price.

$30k for a Nissan Frontier

Although with only 1 pic and no real info it could very well be a scam as well.
Same with this guy. Apparently it's even more rare and valuable now, then it was 6 months ago. It must be a scam because I've seen it for $45k and $40k over the last few weeks....but it is down now.

Pike2350

Another High is Snoop Dogg price.

$30k for a Nissan Frontier

amazing rare truck manual 4x4, crew,alpine green

$30,000.00 amazing rare truck manual 4x4, crew,alpine green for sale in Pleasant Grove, UT on KSL Classifieds. View a wide selection of Rock Crawlers and other great items on KSL Classifieds.
classifieds.ksl.com

Although with only 1 pic and no real info it could very well be a scam as well.
Apparently this scammer (I kind of believed it was some delusional guy for awhile) can't even keep his scams/vehicles straight anymore.

In case the ad goes down:

"This rarer Defender D90 NAS try find one example like my truck pretty amazing. One first 4dr mid size trucks in Usa of course mine has manual and loaded. $50000"

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Speaking of railroad times, I need some railroad ties. @Greg, any recommendation of legit places to get salvage ones? How long is a traditional rail road tie y'all currently use?

Standard ties vary is size depending on the intended use, 8', 8.5' and 9' are common.

This place in SLC will have very good used ties, but they're not cheap. These are 2nd hand good ties being sold for short line RR's. - https://akrailroadmaterials.com/salt-lake/

Most landscaping companies will have ties as well, fine for landscape work (mid-grade) for cheaper than above option.

If you can find a old, used tie pile near the tracks and you can get permission from a railroad employee, they might give them to you... but you have to load and those guys are hard to find. 😉

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Standard ties vary is size depending on the intended use, 8', 8.5' and 9' are common.

This place in SLC will have very good used ties, but they're not cheap. These are 2nd hand good ties being sold for short line RR's. - https://akrailroadmaterials.com/salt-lake/

Most landscaping companies will have ties as well, fine for landscape work (mid-grade) for cheaper than above option.

If you can find a old, used tie pile near the tracks and you can get permission from a railroad employee, they might give them to you... but you have to load and those guys are hard to find. 😉

Cool, thx. I bought a pail of railroad spikes from AK years ago and totally spaced off they were up there.

I need to build a bridge so 14' would be ideal.