is it too late to get an Elk?

pELYgroso

'Merica
Id like to get an elk. Is there an over the counter tag that I can get still? I haven't hunted big game since I was 15 besides an awesome quick trip with Davy a couple years ago but we didn't get him one. Anybody going still that wants company? I have a gun and gear, just need somebody to show me an area and the ins and outs of hunting in Utah. I can bring my 28 ft toy hauler camper but I don't have 4 wheelers or a sxs. Anybody?

chicken77

throttle jockey
The tags are all gone. You could maybe get a CWMU cow tag? I think Deseret Land and Livestock sells them for around $500. Other than that you are too late I beleive.

D

Deleted member 12904

It's to late for anything general season or limited entry. You can still likely find a land owner tag if your willing to pay. Look on ksl and call the dwr and ask them if they know any land owner. I have never personally purchased a land owner tag but from what I have seen in the past $1000-$1500 seems to be the going asking rate for a cow then you still have to buy a utah hunting license as well as the actual tag from the dwr once you have the land owner permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houndoc

You may want to check with DWR and see if there are any remaining antlerless permits available. There could be some left over and some of them are late season hunts.

You can also get listed in the depredation pool online.