Is RME Slow for you recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yesterday and today I've been noticing some laggy load times and even some time out issues with RME over Comcast. Any other connection I've tested so far is fast and has no issues.

I wanted to see if anybody else was having a similar issue. If so, post up your service provider. This will help me figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I gave up using the DNS servers provided by Comcast a while ago and that helped my speed out a lot. My Blu-ray player couldn't connect for updates or to Netflix prior to me changing to the open DNS servers.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Not good. I was hoping it was just me. Are there any other sites that you visit that are slow in the past couple days? I wonder if there's a routing issue somewhere down the line.

The strange thing is that I can tunnel into the RME server over comcast and the speed is just fine. So it seems like it's port 80 traffic. :confused:

Caleb

I gave up using the DNS servers provided by Comcast a while ago and that helped my speed out a lot. My Blu-ray player couldn't connect for updates or to Netflix prior to me changing to the open DNS servers.

You know Shane, I completely forgot that I changed my DNS servers due to Comcast's being so slow (about 3 days ago). I'm using Google's (8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4) public dns servers now and I'm not noticing the laggyness.

Caleb

FWIW, with Comcast DNS servers, total page load times are around 2.5-2.7 and almost every element has some serious latency. Using Google Public DNS, page load times drop to 1.4-1.7 and the only elements that have latency are the elements in the attached screenshot. Which is where you'd expect the highest latency/load times to be (external objects).

Screen shot 2011-06-23 at 12.55.31 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.