Is there a way to hide threads from individual views?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Say, for example, that I really dislike anything to do with dirtbikes and when a thread pops up it triggers me I makes me think too much about my hate for dirtbikes. Is there a way I can "hide" a particular thread so it won't show up in my feed?

#dirtbikesaretheworst
You can Ignore the thread starter, but I find that some people that post about dirtbikes also make lots of other posts that I do want to read. I just don't want to read about dirtbikes.

Being able to mute a thread so it doesn't show up What's New would be a cool feature for sure.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
You can Ignore the thread starter, but I find that some people that post about dirtbikes also make lots of other posts that I do want to read. I just don't want to read about dirtbikes.

Being able to mute a thread so it doesn't show up What's New would be a cool feature for sure.
Exactly. I don't want to ignore all the posts that @jeeper creates (just to name one of the many that do) for example. Just ones that are about dirt bikes. Road bikes are cool, just no dirt bikes. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about dual sport bikes. It's a heavily gray area. I'm all about that "what's new" button.

Also, I don't appreciate the pictures you all have posted in my thread. Not kind at all.😭

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Had another member ask a similar question, here's my answer...

I also use the New Posts button to catch up on the latest threads. I'll read the threads I'm interested in, then hit the 'Mark Forums Read' button. That clears them out and I don't have to view the threads I'm not really interested in.

Screenshot_20221115_180507.jpg

Hope that helps!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've added a new thread prefix that can be applied to political threads so that people can choose to avoid them.
Example:
1678122568225.png

If you see a thread that needs this tag, please DM an admin or moderator to updated it. If you start a thread of this nature, please add the prefix to it when starting it.

Are there any other thread prefixes that might help with this?