Is this a normal winch battery connection?

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
The new to me XD9000I has this battery connection. Is it normal? Should I cut it off and add a standard eyelet?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 30

Bart

Whatever works best for you. That one looks like it would work well with the front bolt type connector on a gel cell (Optima) type battery.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Whatever works best for you. That one looks like it would work well with the front bolt type connector on a gel cell (Optima) type battery.

I've heard that the side terminal on an Optima is insufficient for the amp draw required by a winch. Some batteries may be better built, but Optimas can be damaged by hooking a winch up to the side terminals. FWIW i connected my winch to the top post of my battery.

Chevycrew

odyssey, Or the diehard version, plus the cheaper agm batteries are all rated for side post winching. If that lug works for you, use it, if not, change it.

STAG

On my grind
My '93 Chevy half ton had that same terminal end from factory and used side-post connections. It was always a pain to try and hook up the terminals and was easy to crossthread/strip the threads in the center bolt >:[

Chevycrew

Use a longer (1 to 1 1/2" whatever is needed) fully threaded 3/8 bolt with a jam nut. Thread nut all the way on, install bolt through wires and tighten into battery. Then tighten jam nut to secure wires.

This is actually included in some of the warn instructions.