Wanted ISO 22 rifle

Houndoc

I have a Marlin semi-auto I got when I was twelve. Great little gun. Haven't priced one recently, but was always less than a Ruger.
Also little single shot Henry that is a great gun to start kids out on.

DAA

I have a Rossi pump but it's a copy of the old Winchester 62. Which, I also have one too. My Rossi is about 45 years old. The Win 62 is about 80 years old.

I didn't know they made a Remington copy.

My old 62 still works. The Rossi hasn't worked for 35 years. Never got around to trying to get it fixed not sure what that would entail.

- DAA

DAA

I've been eyeing the Silent-SR 10/22 model... integrally suppressed breakdown.

I have a Silencerco Spectre II on one of my 10/22's. Mildly disappointed in the suppression, to be honest. With high speed ammo, anyway. I mean, it is quieter, but not "that" much. A lot of the noise at the shooters ear with a 10/22 is coming out of the action, which a suppressor actually makes worse, because of the increased backpressure. It's pretty cool with subs, but I have no use for subs except plinking. It is really great for that though.

The integral suppressor might be better? Dunno… And if it's purely for plinking and using subs all the time is viable, it is pretty cool. Really all you hear is the action cycling.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, but the suppressor makes a MUCH bigger difference on my 22/45. That thing is just plain a hoot to shoot, with subs or high velocity. Subs especially though, it's movie quiet.

- DAA

Bucking Bronco

I have a integrally suppressed 77/22 Bolt action. It is movie quiet. No action noise, just a light puff from the barrel. I'm going to buy another stock for my 10/22 and try the barrel on it to see the difference.