Issues: Signage, going off trail, green stuff, trash, camping and vandalism.

Olaf

Supporting Member
Signage: I'm sure many of you will be happy to know that Moab Friends 4-Wheeling and I spent a lot of time at AreaBFE over the last week determining where to put much needed signage at AreaBFE. The signs are being made by Moab 4x4 Outpost (Thanks a bunch M4O for all of your help). We'll have a sign installation party as soon as their finished!!!!

Bypasses: We've also found that certain locations at AreaBFE, namely upper Greenday trail, have too many bypasses so we're in the process of closing off unnecessary spurs. We're leaving the hard options open, bypasses to hard options are open, as well as access to recover vehicles out of a hard optional obstacles.

Stay on the trails/Do not go off trail: I was asked twice last week if AreaBFE is an "open wheeling" area? I misunderstood and said yes because AreaBFE is open 365/24/7. However, they were asking if it's okay to drive anywhere including off trail at AreaBFE. The short answer is "NO! It's not okay to drive anywhere." Please stay on the trail!
Let me say it again, "Please stay on the trail!"
They said that many people are under the impression that it's okay to drive anywhere. It's not! I hope this clarifies things.

Green stuff: Do not drive on our "green stuff" (ie. vegetation, plants, weeds, trees, anything green.)
If you and your rig can't make it up an obstacle without driving into a tree or trampling over vegetation, then take the bypass.

Trash: We are seeing way too much trash being left around AreaBFE, including toilet paper and feminine products!!! We don't mind if you dig a hole to do your business but PLEASE put your used toilet paper, and feminine products into a ziplock and pack it out with your other stuff!!!

Camping: The lower lot is mostly used for overnight camping. There's lots of open space in the middle of the lower lot. Our eastern neighbor is the BLM. There is no camping in that area of BLM land. The treeline on the eastern side of the lower lot is the borderline with the BLM. There are posts showing the BLM border. Do not camp on that BLM land because they may reprimand/ticket you and I don't like getting phone call complaints from the BLM because you're not following the rules!

Parking: Do not park your rigs/trailers among the trees in the eastern treeline (border with the BLM). You are allowed to park your rig/trailer in the open space of the lower lot and set up your picnic among the trees for shade etc. Yes, you'll have to walk a few extra feet from your rig to your shady spot.

Vandalism: Every once in while we have vandalism. Most recently some drunk wheelers in two rock buggies at night ran over our picnic table near the entry. There were a few witnesses but they couldn't identify them enough for me to track them down. Please police each other so that we can avoid this unpleasant stuff from happening.

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Amen, thanks for the post... (sad to see the tree gone on Suicide Hill just makes it freaking easy).

Hope everyone spreads the word for the sake of this wonderful 4 wheeling fun-place!!

The new signs look awesome, can't wait for more to come... giving us northerner's a few good ideas too!
10372008_633621363380250_8954582695804114539_n.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It really is too bad that people are so dumb that you have to post this. I love Area BFE and the dust guard/sleeve thingy I got from you is the best! Thanks for doing what you do

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks for all you do Olaf & crew! We all need to step up and help take care of the issues caused by the minority. Just a way of life in this hobby.

AaronPaige

I really enjoy area bfe can't wait to come back glad to see more improvments , but sad to hear people have to be stupid about the way they use these areas

EB101

It's disheartening to see you have to start a post like this Olaf. Such a cool place to play. Hopefully just a firm reminder makes a big difference for you. It kind of reminds me of a business that needed a sign over the urinal.. We aim to please. You aim too please.
Now my question.. is one of those signs to go by the entrance as a reminder to at least be respectful?

-Steve

AaronPaige

One thing that I saw at jeep safari this year was printed cloth trash bags, I thouht that was a great idea to put on your rigs, maybe the red rockers would hook up area bfe. I hoped to put something like this on the rigs that do our local trail rides to help clean up

Bobzilla

Yea Thanks to all the BFE crew, we have been down several times to watch races and watch the rigs during EJS for years now. 1st time our group actually got to wheel was on Memorial weekend that was a great time, we will sure do our part to support BFE and help keep it clean, Olaf & the crew keep up the great work!

Olaf

Supporting Member
I've been thinking what to put on a sign at the entry.

It's disheartening to see you have to start a post like this Olaf. Such a cool place to play. Hopefully just a firm reminder makes a big difference for you. It kind of reminds me of a business that needed a sign over the urinal.. We aim to please. You aim too please.
Now my question.. is one of those signs to go by the entrance as a reminder to at least be respectful?

-Steve

Olaf

Supporting Member
Red Rock 4 Wheelers don't support private land. However, I'll consider some type of cool trash bag for next year. We sold trasharoos but I'd rather it be less pricey so that we can give it away with a small donation.
One thing that I saw at jeep safari this year was printed cloth trash bags, I thouht that was a great idea to put on your rigs, maybe the red rockers would hook up area bfe. I hoped to put something like this on the rigs that do our local trail rides to help clean up

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
The sad part is that if Area BFE has to put up a sign like this just think of all the State and BLM land that is getting the same abuse. No wonder roads and trails are being closed and all public areas need to charge fees and hire cops. There needs to be some way to ban abusers for life. Makes you wonder what parents are teaching their children.

ricsrx

Can we set up somthing on line for RME members to give donations to replace the picnic table? or add a few?

Last edited: