Northern Utah January RME Trail Run - Black Rock Canyon, New Years Day Snow Run

lhracing

For my 2 cents, Black Rock is fine. This time of year I just want to get out of the valley and this smog. The trail difficulty is less important to me than just getting out into some fresh air for a few hours.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Posted this on FB, sharing it here in case there is any confusion...

So this 'snow bashing' trip isn't going to have much snow... guess that's what happens when you plan a trip a month in advance!
1f641.png
The trip is still on, same meeting place and time... still going to run up Black Rock Canyon. All are welcome to join, but don't expect much snow! We'll plan another trip once the weather starts to cooperate and there's actually snow to play in.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Was out there this morning. Some mild snow on the north facing hills, but just enough to make the motorcycle tires slippery. Nothing to really affect a truck tire.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I mean, don't get me wrong and I kinda hate myself for saying this, but if the trail is all muddy and slick, does taking a huge group of vehicles up on it seem like the "tread lightly" thing to do?

That being said, I think I'm going to head out there around 10 a.m. Hopefully I'll run into you guys.

Greg

Admin
I mean, don't get me wrong and I kinda hate myself for saying this, but if the trail is all muddy and slick, does taking a huge group of vehicles up on it seem like the "tread lightly" thing to do?

That being said, I think I'm going to head out there around 10 a.m. Hopefully I'll run into you guys.

My understanding was slick as in packed snow, but I could be wrong.

Hope to catch you out there, Cody!

Greg

Admin
No worries, Brian!

Man.... what a day! We had 10 (?) rigs show up, rolled out at 8:45 and hit Black Rock Canyon by 10 AM. The road was snow-packed and frozen, there were a few challenging places, but not much more than 4" of snow. Not much of a 'snow wheelin' trip! After making it over the mountain, we went to the Elberta train tunnel, then worked our way over towards Little Moab. The group split up at that point (1 PM?), a few of us stayed in the dirt (Cheston, Bob and myself) and went back to 5 Mile Pass. We ran Rattlesnake, then went to Waynes World to watch some fun. Ran into Kelly Smith & the crew, they put on a good time and it was nice to catch up! Then Cheston & I headed back down Rattlesnake, aired up tires and hit the road!

I just got in 5 min ago... long day, many miles in the dirt and plenty of 4 Low fun! The best part for me was hanging out with old friends and making new ones! I'll work on a trip report and video.