Jeep 4xE and Wagoneer release

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Man, debt is getting more and more popular. That's insanity.

Its crazy to me how expensive new cars in general are. A new XLT F150 seems to be 20k more than it was 10 years ago when I bought mine new. I think with this trend i'm going to continue to buy 10+ old cars for cash and hope that a market correction happens. But even then used cars are getting stupid expensive as well. But hey lets deflate the dollar even more...... I digress

RockChucker

Its crazy to me how expensive new cars in general are. A new XLT F150 seems to be 20k more than it was 10 years ago when I bought mine new. I think with this trend i'm going to continue to buy 10+ old cars for cash and hope that a market correction happens. But even then used cars are getting stupid expensive as well. But hey lets deflate the dollar even more...... I digress
Blows my mind. It seems trucks in general have gone beserk on the used market lately too. I bought my 06 Duramax in 2015 for $23k and the gassers were about $8-10k less. I've been contemplating selling my truck and getting a newer 2014ish gasser because a newer 3/4 or 1 ton truck would be nice and I honestly don't need a diesel...looked at prices and decided it is better to just keep my truck. 130k mile GMs are $30k for a gasser. Mind boggling.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I think a lot of people will miss what this really means for the guy who wants to daily drive a Jeep...

For example, If I charge the battery overnight at home, I get 25 of my 38 mile commute for almost free. Because my work offers free charging for Electric Vehicles, which the Wrangler would be/is, I get another 25 miles free so of my 76+ mile daily commute I am only buying gas for 26 miles of it. If my commute is under 25 miles, I could go all electric...

I currently have a commuter car to do this drive, this new 4xE opens the door to being able to driving what I want vs. what I need to.

I don't doubt the 50 mpg either... I currently run a Ford Fusion plug in hybrid that gets 800 miles a tank of gas how I am currently using it and which works out to almost 70 mpg.

The electric option isn't there for wheeling per se but more for daily/commuter use. The cool part is that it is a plug in hybrid so when you want to run on just gas and use your rotopack for extra range you can.

Oh from a marketing stand point, the Grand Wagoneer is simply Jeeps answer to Tahoe, Navigator, Escalade, etc...
This is what most people miss^^^^ Excellent summary.
I’ve been commuting in a Volt since 2015 because the cost per mile is low and my commute is 95 miles per day round trip. I’m able to charge at work most days, but if I can’t I just use gas that day to get home. Saves wear and tear on the truck.
Maintenance is much lower with oil changes every two years or so. My car is approaching 90k miles, but the gas motor only has about 16k miles on it. My previous Gen1 Volt I sold at 135k miles had only 23k on the gas motor. Because most of us operate within a fairly small circle the electric miles just add up faster. Electric regen works so well that my Gen1 brakes were still new at 135k miles.
The 4xe won’t be as efficient, but I’d love to daily something like the 4xe! I’m definitely not going to buy a first year model. It is high on my radar for a future replacement!

1993yj

The aforementioned sales person also told me that 96 month auto loans are gaining popularity. That makes me want to puke.
I was just reading an article the other day about how Nissan is pushing/incentivizing its dealers to get customers to do their longest financing terms (84+). Dealer gets an extra 1% holdback plus an additional $450.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was just reading an article the other day about how Nissan is pushing/incentivizing its dealers to get customers to do their longest financing terms (84+). Dealer gets an extra 1% holdback plus an additional $450.
How does that benefit Nissan? That makes no sense... unless they are trying to get consumers used to considering some kind of "subscription" model. Man, that would be stupid!

RockChucker

How does that benefit Nissan? That makes no sense... unless they are trying to get consumers used to considering some kind of "subscription" model. Man, that would be stupid!
The automotive subscription model has been around for a long time....I think they call it a lease? :rofl:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That's just silly

The real challenge is can a Nissan make it 84 months without an overhaul?
I was thinking the same thing. My oldest sister had a Nissan when I was in high school and my dad would always pick me to steer it when we tow-strapped it to the shop. I have very vivid memories of him yelling at me because I was doing it wrong. In hindsight it's confusing that he always picked me to do it 🤔

Anyways, I vowed to never own one. Is it ridiculous to base my opinion of a manufacturer on experiences from 20 years ago? Maybe. Do I mind being ridiculous? Not at all :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The automotive subscription model has been around for a long time....I think they call it a lease? :rofl:
That's a good point, but I'm serious after watching that freaky world economics forum video where they say "in the future you will own nothing and you will be happy".