For Sale Jeep at Pick n Pull

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Looks like its already been set in the lot. Row 28.
That means its next stop is the crusher, sadly.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a CJ-6 to me. Even more of a shame since those are especially rare these days.

The_Lobbster

Blows me away what people send to scrap. I’d bet money some old person owned it, passed away, kids got it in an inheritance but didn’t want “dads junk car”.

My brother was telling me about the mint early 2000’s Tundra with leather and a paint matched topper in a yard, only damage he could see was from the forklift where they picked it up at. Probably had more damage somewhere, but still a shame somebody probably got $500 for a $5000 vehicle (if it ran and drove properly)

bretto

Willytime
My son told me they had it in the builders lot for a while but nobody bought it, hopefully someone can use a bunch of parts.
I wonder what their sale approach was. I hope someone buys the whole thing. For its age, it looks pretty decent. I wonder what the going price a wrecking yard would sale a whole unit for.

The_Lobbster

I could be wrong but I think when a vehicle is taken to a yard, their title gets branded as scrap and they can’t ever be titled again.

But selling a whole unit as “parts” could be a thing.
Not always, I think some are registered as dealers also. Perhaps after it’s entered the yard? Pull n save has vehicles for sale every so often near me, and I saw them load a 4th gen dodge onto a car transport recently.