Jeep Jeep Audio Upgrade; Terra Acoustics

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I love music... I'm usually listening anytime I'm in the Jeep. A quality experience is a big deal and I've been pretty happy with the stock audio system in the Gladiator, but heard about an affordable upgrade from Terra Acoustics that makes a massive difference in sound. For the price, it was easy to justify buying in.

What's neat about Terra Acoustics is that they offer a 60 day audition period, 4 year warranty, tools to install the speakers are included AND free shipping! These guys are serious about supporting their customers and are confident in their product. :cool:

i-MwvLprm-X2.jpg

Opening up the box, you get a card with an introduction & a welcome and install insight using QR codes. There is even a hand written note from the guys at Terra Acoustics that boxed up your speakers! After pulling the speakers out, I found the tool kit they include, containing everything you need to install the speakers.

i-pKZwXvV-X2.jpg

i-Kkw9L4m-X2.jpg

i-6RB5WhB-X2.jpg

i-vmsZf2D-X2.jpg

Install was quite easy, it's a matter of prying off the cover, removing 2 screws and disconnecting the plug and tossing the old speaker in the trashcan! Next, you connect the tweeter to the mid speaker, plug them into the factory harness and carefully drop it into place. Route the tweeter wire so it's not sitting on the mid, then reinstall the 2 screws and tighten them down! Lastly, lower the speaker grill into place and clip it in. The entire install took about 10 min, very easy to do.

i-qz7nbtZ-X2.jpg

i-Zxm8p4m-X2.jpg

Installed!

i-WVfQD65-X2.jpg

i-fnqSTPH-X2.jpg

And a review... I ran thru some of the songs that Terra Acoustics recommends and was simply blown away! 😍 The listening experience is just so much more... full. You hear the high's that you've missed out on with the stock speakers and the mid-notes are much more noticeable. Combined with the factory sub in the back, the audio is so much better. In the past with the stock setup and your favorite song cranked up, you'd reach a point where there was too much distortion, the music sounded flat and not great. Not anymore, it sounds like you're at a live concert with full audio range! I'm a fan, these will make a big difference in sound quality and a much better experience spending long days in the Jeep!

Vid with more detail!

Greg

Admin
Those grill's are a nice touch.
Clean!

Yeah, they're a well designed piece that beautifully integrates the tweeter and hints at the speakers being upgraded just by looking at them.

I've been quite impressed with the quality you get from Terra Acoustics.

DAA

Tunes are important. I can't even hear, and I think so :rofl: .

I had put a decent system in my LJ not long after I got it (16 years ago?!). Went for a complete refresh this spring. Went kind of overboard, for a listening platform as poor as an LJ. But, it sounds pretty dang good. Kenwood Excelon head unit. Morel Integra 502's in the dash. Alpine X-S65's in the pods. Alpine X-A70F amp driving them. Kenwood 11" powered sub in the console.

Put in a lot of heavy duty sound deadening, thermal insulation and mass loaded vinyl sound barrier throughout the whole interior too. It does sound pretty dang good for a Wrangler.

- DAA

Greg

Admin
Tunes are important. I can't even hear, and I think so :rofl: .

I had put a decent system in my LJ not long after I got it (16 years ago?!). Went for a complete refresh this spring. Went kind of overboard, for a listening platform as poor as an LJ. But, it sounds pretty dang good. Kenwood Excelon head unit. Morel Integra 502's in the dash. Alpine X-S65's in the pods. Alpine X-A70F amp driving them. Kenwood 11" powered sub in the console.

Put in a lot of heavy duty sound deadening, thermal insulation and mass loaded vinyl sound barrier throughout the whole interior too. It does sound pretty dang good for a Wrangler.

- DAA

That's an impressive amount of work! Good tunes are super important, even more so when a lot of us will be spending days at a time behind the wheel! I'm sure sound deadening has improved over the years, the JT seems to be pretty well insulated & deadened. I'm very happy with my setup now, after installing the Terra Acoustics speakers. The factory sub makes a big difference, too.

Reactions: DAA

Greg

Admin
FYI!!

"This week we're celebrating one year of helping Wrangler and Gladiator owners experience truly incredible sound in their Jeeps!

To get the party started, we're giving away some of our Front SoundStage Upgrades for the Wrangler JL / Gladiator JT.

To enter, simply visit this link and enter » https://terraacoustics.com/pages/birthday-giveaway

FYI: If you're already on the waitlist, or have been in the past, check your inbox as we already have you covered!

Know a JL/JT owner that needs to upgrade their sound? Give 'em a heads up in the comments below!"