Jeep Cherokee above the B in Bountiful?

VerdeXJ

Today is Wed the 30th.
I am thinking of heading up there this evening, if I can find someone else who is able to go.

We will try to find the XJ and then get the VIN and Plate #.

If someone knows "exactly" where the rig is, that would be a great help. There should be plenty of seats if you want to ride.

More snow expected overnight.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
trust me you aren't getting there without a sled.it has only snowed more since we went up there.also it is past the upper gate that goes to the back loop.chances are its already locked

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I wonder if the forest service (or whomever) would unlock that gate for us to go try to recover the rig? I would go with if it happened this weekend....

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Yeah, we've got a few guys who can get the info... but nobody who has gotten to the rig and grabbed a plate/vin. With the recent 2-5 feet of snow, this is looking pretty hopeless without a dozer or snow cat. Sucks to be the owner, but maybe should have payed the hefty tow truck bill before it snowed so much. Live and learn.

Jared

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Did anyone figure out where the stuck rig is exactly? We were up there on Saturday 12/10 and here is a map of how far we were able to go. Compared to the GPS coords from the Nov 27 trip we made it up further. XT Utah from this board actually went up a little further than where I have my place mark but not much further. Up until that point the snow mobiles have the center of the road pretty well packed down, but get into the edges and you get sunk fast. After this point the road was not nearly packed down as well. Hope this gets someone some info of how far it can be traveled.

Attachments

• BountifulB.jpg
    BountifulB.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 83

rjmax

The other Paco
I hope he at least left it an electric blanket plugged into the current bush!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, I hope there is something left when he goes to get it out.

notajeep

Just me
A few years back there was a chevy pickup that was left stuck over the winter above mantua. Come spring it was pretty sad. It didn't help that the snowmobilers used the windshield as a launching ramp. The owner of the jeep can probably kiss it good by.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I could sure use the ECU out of it if its a 91 or 92... I have been looking for one all week and no one seems to have them any more....:(

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Badger said:
there was just a 90 getting parted out on here did you miss that .wouldn't that one work

Its got to be either a 91 or 92 and the last three digits on the part number have to be 528 otherwise it will not work...

shortstraw8

gijohn40 said:
Its got to be either a 91 or 92 and the last three digits on the part number have to be 528 otherwise it will not work...

I bought a 91-92 strait six out of and xj while back and grab everything
and prob won't need it cuz I just bought an 89 xj, so let me know I'm headed to work tomorrow and won't be back till wed so if you can hold out till I get back thru. then I'll pm ya.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I was up there yesterday on my ATV. m I decided to shoot over and see if I could get close. I got turned back by HUGE!!!(10+ feet deep) drifts across the road. The first drift was about 1 mile from the "T" at the top. Since it's so warm the snow was very very soft and I couldn't go any further.

There weren't any tracks across the drifts so I doubt anyone's been up to get it yet.

I talked to a couple of FS rangers later that day, they didn't know anything about it, but were very interested in finding the owner and removing the Jeep. I gave them the info I could remember off hand. They said they would look into it ASAP.