Jeep Commander 5.7 thoughts. 6.0 Tahoe or yukon or 8.1 suburban?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My buddy had an Armada. The transmission blew up, the transmission cost more to replace than the Armada was worth. Sucked, because he still owed $7K on it. He ended up scraping it and rolling the loan over to a newer car.

No doubt things fail. I was given our first Armada because it has a BAD rod knock (it was a team transport in the oil fields so go figure. It was abused bad.). I swapped out the engine in my garage and was worried about the transmission but didn't touch it. It has 130k on it. Fluid was burnt. We towed our boat with it pretty often up the hill to jordanell. We sold the Armada at just under 200k. I never felt that trans slip and never saw it get hot. We'd have kept it if the interior wasn't falling apart. Hope our new(er) one will prove to be as good.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
My truck is selling this morning. Talking with my wife she likes her van so we will keep it and fix as needed until it dies. So I think I am going with a 8.1 suburban. It will tow the best of any of these vehicles.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I had Expeditions. The reason was, the third row was the biggest. The seats folded into the floor instead of up against row two. Plus, the leg room in the 3rd row for adults.

That's why we got the expedition. We test drove it, the taho, yukon, sequioa, armada, etc. The tahoe and exp were close but the back seat and the towing ability pushed us to the Exp. The sequioa was was over priced and the two armadas we looked were falling apart from the inside.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
NEVER use a Sequioa to tow anything. I almost died towing a mercedes behind my old one. The brakes suck! Might as well still have mini-truck axles as well. They look like tooth picks compared to my Range Rover and My Ram. LOL

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
NEVER use a Sequioa to tow anything. I almost died towing a mercedes behind my old one. The brakes suck! Might as well still have mini-truck axles as well. They look like tooth picks compared to my Range Rover and My Ram. LOL

Was that the first or second generation?

kmboren

So I am the new owner of a clean 2003 8.1 liter suburban. It was a one owner Dr. Owned that lifed in Alpine. It's fully loaded and everything works leather interior. Very clean. Excited to have it.

kmboren

I have been been looking for 8.1s for a while. Because I knew I was going to sell my truck. As far as used vehicles go I think I scored. Had a quick safety done on it and everything looked great. They were actually really impressed with it. Looking forward to our new adventure with it.