Jeep Legacy

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
11707698_728363657292400_1928104916708739415_o.jpg

Life is adventure, or nothing.

This is a picture of my 18 month daughter, shes hanging out the window enjoying the breeze at nearly 10,000 feet elevation in the Wasatch mountains here in Utah.

While I was reviewing these last night, this one grabbed me, choked me up a little bit. All you dads and moms out there I know can empathize with what I am saying!

From a young age my father bought jeeps, starting with a 1986 Cherokee. We used to drive up this canyon when we had time, and I was stuck to the floorboard crying that we were going to die. Begging him to turn around, and NEVER ever sitting on the cliff side of the road. (Farmington canyon)

This was our family chariot, providing untold hours of adventure.

The jeep tradition continued when my dad decided to get a Grand Cherokee in 1995. We drove that one to remote crazy places as well to get a better view of life from above and from within.

My brother Matt Smith followed by purchasing a Cherokee when his family was young. I think since then he has owned or dismantled over 100 jeeps.

This is my second jeep, and I have spent many many many hours driving this in the same canyon that used to scare me to tears.

I have spent many hours wrenching on this jeep with my brother Matt. 200k isnt kind on any vehicle treated this way.

Now I pass the memories and adventure spirit on to my daughter Savannah, I hope she enjoys these times and can enjoy the outdoors the way that I have.

So far so good!

Kevin B.

Big hippy
No Jeep tradition for me, my pops took us all over the Cascade Mountains in a pair of VWs. Now he's discovered Utah, and he's been tapping me to get him into places his little Rav4 won't go, that feels good. I'm hoping my boys will want 4x4s for their first vehicles too, and then in 20 years they can post about their tradition and the times their Dad scared the crap out of them. :D

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Thats awesome, we also had a huge VW legacy, my dad owned Several Type 1's and the camper buses, that was intermixed with some Old Mustangs as well. Fabulous!

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
No Jeep tradition for me, my pops took us all over the Cascade Mountains in a pair of VWs. Now he's discovered Utah, and he's been tapping me to get him into places his little Rav4 won't go, that feels good. I'm hoping my boys will want 4x4s for their first vehicles too, and then in 20 years they can post about their tradition and the times their Dad scared the crap out of them. :D

Sad part is.. you better carry the vehicle from today twenty years into the future, they just are not making them the same anymore, be it Yota, Jeep, Zuk whatever

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Better Res http://bit.ly/1LvcbwR

11741097_728494547279311_7664074400273720826_o.jpg

Ive been putting money into it a little at a time, Ive had this Grand Cherokee about .. 7-8 years?

I swear, not an original part on it anymore.

Last edited: