Jeep Renegade thoughts?

Houndoc

Looking for a daily driver. Kind of like the idea of good MPG and low range with the Renegades compared to competitors that are AWD.

Know it won't take the place of m Xterra for real trail use, but any one have much experience with them on or off-road?

And of course there is the whole looks thing....

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Supporting Vendor
My cousin has one and she really likes it. For her it is a mostly a car that does well in the snow. I just had a sister in law buy a trail hawk renegade so we will see how that works out for them. I think they look kinda funny, but they fit the needs of some people.

Hickey

Rusty Girdle
Premium Member
I wasnt aware that the Renegade had a low range. I think they look okay, but would benefit from a larger and more aggressive tire.

Houndoc

I don't think it's a traditional low range. It does something like put the transmission in an extra low gear that is normally used... IIRC
Think that is correct. Jeep calls it "low range" but sounds like more of a extra low granny gear.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I don't think it's a traditional low range. It does something like put the transmission in an extra low gear that is normally used... IIRC
I think I remember something in advertising for a 20:1 crawl ratio... :handlebars: