Jeep Renegade thoughts?

Houndoc

Looking for a daily driver. Kind of like the idea of good MPG and low range with the Renegades compared to competitors that are AWD.

Know it won't take the place of m Xterra for real trail use, but any one have much experience with them on or off-road?

And of course there is the whole looks thing....

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I know a lot of people bag on the renegade for not being a real Jeep or whatever that means, but I like it for what it is. Been thinking about one myself. I think it would be a great daily commuter/dirt road explorer. Would rather have a Renegade than a Rav4 or similar.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
My cousin has one and she really likes it. For her it is a mostly a car that does well in the snow. I just had a sister in law buy a trail hawk renegade so we will see how that works out for them. I think they look kinda funny, but they fit the needs of some people.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I wasnt aware that the Renegade had a low range. I think they look okay, but would benefit from a larger and more aggressive tire.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I wasnt aware that the Renegade had a low range. I think they look okay, but would benefit from a larger and more aggressive tire.

I don't think it's a traditional low range. It does something like put the transmission in an extra low gear that is normally used... IIRC

4x4_Welder

Biggest source of hatred on those little fwd Jeeps is the underpowered engine paired with a CVT. That seems to not have the CVT available, though, so that's a bit of a plus.