Jeep Jeep Wrangler based truck (JT Gladiator)

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Wild guess here, the cheapest Ram with diesel and 4x4 is about $32k so I'm guessing the Jeep diesel would start around $35k for barebones at release. (probably a little more, but probably under 40k).

If you start talking Rubicon package, etc then who knows.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Of they aren't in the ballpark of the Tacoma\ranger\colorado they won't sell. For the next 6 months the "market adjustments" will be really high though.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I can't even imagine pulling 7k lbs behind my JK, and I'm not talking about the stability issues. The 8 speed auto trans would help quite a bit, but 7k is more than double what I've pulled with mine, and it kinda sucked at it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Those prices are low enough that I want to get serious about selling my JK and get into a new Gladiator! I think they're a bit long for some of the trails I like to run, but it would be great for the mild Colorado & Utah trails, plus Baja trips. A set of 37's and RTT mounted over the bed... yeah, I can dig it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Guess what I just stumbled across at the local gas station?! A pre-release Jeep Gladiator!!! It was being driven by a few media guys from Autoblog who came from the Gladiator release in California, they stopped in Moab for some wheelin and are continuing the trip back to Michigan!

20190331_155731-XL.jpg

20190331_155832-XL.jpg

20190331_155901-XL.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Jeep Gladiator Sport: $35,040

Jeep Gladiator Sport S: $38,240

Jeep Gladiator Overland: $41,890

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon: $45,040

Serious question: Do you think those will be the actual prices or will it suffer from the same situation as a Hellcat or a Raptor and have the dealerships inflate the prices?

Caleb

Serious question: Do you think those will be the actual prices or will it suffer from the same situation as a Hellcat or a Raptor and have the dealerships inflate the prices?

I don't think there will be the demand to support the market premiums. That's not to say the Gladiator won't be popular, but with the Raptor and I believe the Hellcat (may be wrong on the Hellcat) the mfg only allocates a very small number of each to dealers. So they're not considered a limited run (i.e. Ford doesn't say we're only making 10,000 Raptors) but most dealers can only order 1-2 for the smaller dealers and 5-10 for the larger dealers. Often dealers, like LHM Ford in Sandy, will buy the allocations or the inventory from dealers out side this area so that they can have more on-hand. You can't walk in to a dealer and plunk down a chunk of cash and order a Raptor unless that dealer has allocations left (many will argue you can, I tried, I couldn't). They can't just get more allocations from Ford but they can get them from another dealer that may not use theirs (rare a dealer will let them go, especially out west). This is why it's super rare to find a Raptor that isn't the top of the line 802A package in a crew cab. They demand the highest price and the dealers can mark them up the most.

So, unless Jeep does something like that with the Gladiator, I don't think there will be a market premium. Also the "market" for the Hellcat and Raptor is pretty broad. I don't think the market will be as broad for the Gladiator. It's simply a Jeep truck, not a high performance, status vehicle.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I don't think there will be the demand to support the market premiums. That's not to say the Gladiator won't be popular, but with the Raptor and I believe the Hellcat (may be wrong on the Hellcat) the mfg only allocates a very small number of each to dealers. So they're not considered a limited run (i.e. Ford doesn't say we're only making 10,000 Raptors) but most dealers can only order 1-2 for the smaller dealers and 5-10 for the larger dealers. Often dealers, like LHM Ford in Sandy, will buy the allocations or the inventory from dealers out side this area so that they can have more on-hand. You can't walk in to a dealer and plunk down a chunk of cash and order a Raptor unless that dealer has allocations left (many will argue you can, I tried, I couldn't). They can't just get more allocations from Ford but they can get them from another dealer that may not use theirs (rare a dealer will let them go, especially out west). This is why it's super rare to find a Raptor that isn't the top of the line 802A package in a crew cab. They demand the highest price and the dealers can mark them up the most.

So, unless Jeep does something like that with the Gladiator, I don't think there will be a market premium. Also the "market" for the Hellcat and Raptor is pretty broad. I don't think the market will be as broad for the Gladiator. It's simply a Jeep truck, not a high performance, status vehicle.

Very well put, thanks Caleb. I feel the same way but there are a lot of people out there that want these trucks- for reasons I don't really understand.