Jeep Jeep Wrangler based truck (JT Gladiator)

DAA

Only the Pentastar showing up for motor option. Can get the 8 speed with it though.

Just clicked through, stickered out a Rubicon for $58,235 :eek:. That wasn't every checkbox, just the ones I'd actually want. When the 2.0 and Eco options become available, I think you will be able to get one up to $65K, if you really "wanted" to.

I dig 'em. I want one. I'm hoping to be looking for a used one eventually. But I'm really not sure who the market is supposed to be. These really aren't comparable to a Tacoma, or priced as if they were. I just don't see Tacoma people as the buyers, just two completely different vehicles at way different prices. But if most of the people who buy the JT are former JLU prospects, that's not a win for Jeep.

I think I disagree about these not necessarily being a status vehicle too though. The JKU certainly has been since the day it was born. I see trophy milfs cruising six figure JKU's that have never left pavement every day where I live. $40K worth of boob job and $110K worth of JK, just to go grocery shopping. By the end of this summer, I suspect the hot thing is going to be going to overspend for groceries at Harmons in Station Park in a JT rolling on 40's. Six figure rigs, purely to be seen in around town. If that ain't a status vehicle, I don't know what is.

- DAA

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I wonder if the 2.0 won't be available because of the low tow rating it would have. Turbo motors create more heat, and the article Greg posted details how difficult it was to get enough airflow into the engine compartment to keep things cool while towing.

Reactions: DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Only the Pentastar showing up for motor option. Can get the 8 speed with it though.

Just clicked through, stickered out a Rubicon for $58,235 :eek:. That wasn't every checkbox, just the ones I'd actually want. When the 2.0 and Eco options become available, I think you will be able to get one up to $65K, if you really "wanted" to.

I dig 'em. I want one. I'm hoping to be looking for a used one eventually. But I'm really not sure who the market is supposed to be. These really aren't comparable to a Tacoma, or priced as if they were. I just don't see Tacoma people as the buyers, just two completely different vehicles at way different prices. But if most of the people who buy the JT are former JLU prospects, that's not a win for Jeep.

I think I disagree about these not necessarily being a status vehicle too though. The JKU certainly has been since the day it was born. I see trophy milfs cruising six figure JKU's that have never left pavement every day where I live. $40K worth of boob job and $110K worth of JK, just to go grocery shopping. By the end of this summer, I suspect the hot thing is going to be going to overspend for groceries at Harmons in Station Park in a JT rolling on 40's. Six figure rigs, purely to be seen in around town. If that ain't a status vehicle, I don't know what is.

- DAA

I just built out a Gladiator Rubicon with the options I'd want and it came back at $55k! :oops:

Reactions: DAA
D

Deleted member 12904

So I’ve wanted a 110 but after test driving a few I’ve been leaning twords a jl or possibly a jk. I mean a jl loaded how I want is basically the same cost a truck the way I’d want except the truck still has the v6 not the turbo 4
I just built out a Gladiator Rubicon with the options I'd want and it came back at $55k! :oops:

D

Deleted member 12904

The part that really scares me is pricing out the 37’s with wheels, gears, lift and bumpers because I definitely don’t want either stock.

Greg

Admin
I build up a Sport S with the 8 Speed, Track-Loc diff, Max Tow package (4.10 gears), heated seats, aux switches, active safety group, hardtop and bed liner... the price isn't terrible. I think the EcoDiesel will be a $4-5k option, so right around $50k with the diesel? I think with the 8 speed auto and a diesel, you wouldn't miss the 4 to 1 t-case of the Rubicon. Lockers could be added later and regeared, if needed.

GladiatorSport-XL.jpg

Greg

Admin
That does look good and those don't look like 40" tires, the scale is quite right for them on that truck.

Yeah, it looks proportionate! I'd be curious how the Pentastar with the 8 speed trans with the right gear ratio and 40's does for driveability.

Greg

Admin
FYI! Gladiators are heading out to dealerships! Who is going to test drive one first?