Jeep Jeep Wrangler based truck (JT Gladiator)

rholbrook

You all have me to thank for this. This would have never happened had I not bought a new Unlimited. You see I wanted a Wrangler Unlimited truck and after waiting for a few years I said screw it they will never make one so I just bought the Jeep anyway and since I did, well, they build it. That's the kind of luck I have. You are all welcome

Cascadia

Undecided
Well shoot. I just bought my new duramax. I have told my wife for 10 years that when they come out with a jeep truck I'm getting one no matter what. I can't give up my GMC so I will need to give my myself a raise (not possible), or majorly line up some good jobs between now and then. I would park the Denali and make the jeep my DD.

Cascadia

Undecided
I don't care about it being a "truck". It wouldn't get used as a truck. I bet half the trucks on the road don't get used as trucks. Just like the majority of jeeps don't get used as jeeps. I owned a J10 years ago and loved it. But it got stolen and never recovered. This would just take its place 8 years later. ;)

rholbrook

I don't care about it being a "truck". It wouldn't get used as a truck. I bet half the trucks on the road don't get used as trucks.
Just ask Jeeper, if it doesn't have a flatbed then it isn't a real truck so based on that, there are lots and lots of trucks not being used as a truck.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
i want a Jeep truck to tow my Jeep truck with. doesnt need to be a flatbed, but it needs to be able to have room for 4 adults, a bunch of stuff, and some dogs. Ive always said that Jeep should throw a Wrangler body on the power wagon chassis; THAT would be a proper Jeep truck.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
meh. its wrangler based, so itll have low tow ratings, and low payload capacity. yea its a 'truck' but its not a truck.

Some people don't buy sub 1/2 ton trucks with the purpose of towing with them. I buy them so that they are small enough to fit on a trail, and still have a truck bed for all the purposes that a truck bed is super handy for.

If I wanted to tow something, I would buy a 1/2 or larger truck that is properly equipped to tow/haul the things I intend to tow haul with it.

Houndoc

It's "truckness" will probably not be all that much different from the other smaller trucks on the market- Tacoma, Frontier etc.

Not at all what I would use for towing my horse trailer or boat, but for an off-road/expedition/hunting rig would be fantastic.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Some people don't buy sub 1/2 ton trucks with the purpose of towing with them. I buy them so that they are small enough to fit on a trail, and still have a truck bed for all the purposes that a truck bed is super handy for.

If I wanted to tow something, I would buy a 1/2 or larger truck that is properly equipped to tow/haul the things I intend to tow haul with it.

This is true. and hopefully thats how its built. im interested in it either way.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm hoping that the JK-based Wrangler pickup has a removable top and REALLY hope it comes with that EcoDiesel 3.0 that's in the Ram, plus that 8 speed auto. If all that is the case, there is a VERY good chance that my JKU will go up for sale, so I can buy a pickup! :eek: I don't need 4 seats or 4 doors, but like the long wheelbase and love the idea of a bed for hauling camping gear, etc. I think a JK-based pickup would be great for my uses.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
RME: Teaching me new slang daily.

Egad! I've been using that term since before I even got my driver's license... in 1986. I think I learned it reading Car and Driver in junior high school.

It is sad that you would learn this term just as its namesake is being phased out in favor of CVT transmissions.