Jeep Jeep Wrangler based truck (JT Gladiator)

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Round lights is getting a bit old. Dont be a hater.
Should be an option to order.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

a bit old? like, its been around since 1941 (with that exception of 87-95).
Its brand recognition, plain and simple. Look what happened when they redesigned the "cherokee". bad things. circle lights seem to work out just fine.

dutchman

KI7KSV
A little more info.... ( http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1708-its-official-meet-the-2019-jeep-scrambler/ )

2019-jt-jeep-scrambler-pickup-frame-comparison-jku-cad.jpg

I'll be curious to see what the JT's wheelbase ends up at... a JKU is 116", if the JT's frame is 33" longer and say 20" of that is WB.... 136"??! :eek:

Did a quick scaling of that image in AutoCAD. Wheelbase looks to be around 136" like you said.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I know the JL is 8" longer and 4" wider than the JK

Wow, that's quite a difference! I like the wider aspect, I feel like my JKU is a tad narrow on the inside, especially once you load it up with gear for a long week. If they're basing the JT off the JL and it's the same width, but considerably longer.... that will make for an actual 'truck' that's more than a wannabe pickup and somewhat comparable to other mid-size trucks! I really like where this is going... :D

Did a quick scaling of that image in AutoCAD. Wheelbase looks to be around 136" like you said.

Bwaahaaa, good guess! :rofl:

Greg

Admin
Not sure if any of you guys saw this, but the JL, JLU and JT Weight, Tow Capacity and Max Payload were leaked recently! The JT is looking pretty impressive, with a 6,500 # tow capacity!! :freak: That's very respectable, IMO.

All this info if courtesy of JLWranglerforums.com -

From an internal FCA PowerPoint presentation:

Model | Weight | Towing Capacity | Max Payload

2-door JL Wrangler Sport (2.0L): 3797 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1075 lbs
2-door JL Wrangler Sahara (2.0L): 3880 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1045 lbs
2-door JL Wrangler Rubicon (2.0L): 4085 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1040 lbs
2-door JL Wrangler Sport (3.6L): 3797 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1075 lbs
2-door JL Wrangler Sahara (3.6L): 3880 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1045 lbs
2-door JL Wrangler Rubicon (3.6L): 4085 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1040 lbs

4-door JLU Wrangler Sport (2.0L): 4015 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1310 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Sahara (2.0L): 4135 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1265 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Rubicon (2.0L): 4300 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1235 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Sport (3.6L): 4015 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1310 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Sahara (3.6L): 4135 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1265 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Rubicon (3.6L): 4390 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1235 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Sport (3.0L diesel): 4395 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1280 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Sahara (3.0L diesel): 4590 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1160 lbs
4-door JLU Wrangler Rubicon (3.0L diesel): 4620 lbs | 3500 lbs | 1180 lbs

JT Scrambler Pickup Base (3.6L): 4576 lbs | 6500 lbs | 1400 lbs
JT Scrambler Pickups Premium (3.6L): 4576 lbs | 6500 lbs | 1400 lbs
JT Scrambler Pickup Base (3.0L Diesel): 5100 lbs | 6500 lbs | 1400 lbs
JT Scrambler Pickup Premium (3.0L Diesel): 5200 lbs | 6500 lbs | 1100 lbs

* Model weight was calculated by subtracting max payload from GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating).

Discuss the JT Scrambler figures @ http://www.jeepscramblerforum.com/f...-max-payload-figures-and-axles-revealed.1353/

A few more other points gleaned from these pages:

3.0L diesel again confirmed
Diesel will only be available with the 4-door JLU Wrangler and Jeep Scrambler Pickup
Jeep Scrambler (JT) Pickup will only be available in 4-door model
Jeep Scrambler (JT) Pickup will be available with 3.6L Pentastar and 3.0L diesel (not 2.0L turbo)
Jeep Scrambler (JT) Pickup will be available in base and premium models

jl-jlu-wrangler-tow-capacity-jpg.3071

jt-scrambler-tow-capacity-max-payload-jpg.3072

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Are they running a different rear axle in the truck? Those GAWR #s on the rear and the towing capacities make me wonder if they'll use a SF D60 like in the J8? I think if you were to tow 6500# with 1400# in the bed, the typical JK44 would be... undersized.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
And, forgive me for saying this, but it makes me sad that Jeep (or any manufacturer for that matter) doesn't offer a smaller (CJ/YJ/TJ) sized rig anymore. JK/JKUs are big, and the new JL/JLU and JT are the size of most mid-size trucks now. Not saying that isn't the direction that the market has dictated, but...

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Excuse my ignorance but is the 3.0 liter diesel a NON turbo diesel? Just noticed they specified not the 2.0 liter turbo version

Greg

Admin
Are they running a different rear axle in the truck? Those GAWR #s on the rear and the towing capacities make me wonder if they'll use a SF D60 like in the J8? I think if you were to tow 6500# with 1400# in the bed, the typical JK44 would be... undersized.

I haven't heard anything different other than 'bigger & better Dana 44's', it would be awesome to find a J8 Dana 60 under the JT to make it more of a real truck.

And, forgive me for saying this, but it makes me sad that Jeep (or any manufacturer for that matter) doesn't offer a smaller (CJ/YJ/TJ) sized rig anymore. JK/JKUs are big, and the new JL/JLU and JT are the size of most mid-size trucks now. Not saying that isn't the direction that the market has dictated, but...

I drove a TJ the other day and it was strange how short it is, compared to my JKU! :eek: I hear ya, but the people want bigger, longer... more comfortable.

Excuse my ignorance but is the 3.0 liter diesel a NON turbo diesel? Just noticed they specified not the 2.0 liter turbo version

The 3.0 diesel is the same EcoDiesel that Dodge is using, it is turbo charged... not sure why they left off the turbo part. The EcoDiesel seems to be a pretty amazing engine, killer MPG and torque.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I haven't heard anything different other than 'bigger & better Dana 44's', it would be awesome to find a J8 Dana 60 under the JT to make it more of a real truck.

I drove a TJ the other day and it was strange how short it is, compared to my JKU! :eek: I hear ya, but the people want bigger, longer... more comfortable.

The 3.0 diesel is the same EcoDiesel that Dodge is using, it is turbo charged... not sure why they left off the turbo part. The EcoDiesel seems to be a pretty amazing engine, killer MPG and torque.
Cool. My co worker has the new ram eco diesel and loves it.

Greg

Admin
what are people guessifying about the price point on the diesel truck? Like 45k plus?

I think it depends on the packages they offer. You can buy a new JKU Rubicon for $42k... I'm totally just guessing, but I bet the JT (Scrambler) truck with the Rubicon package will easily be another $5k+. On the Dodge Ram, the EcoDiesel option is $4800. So over $50k for a JT Scrambler Rubicon truck with a diesel... :eek:

I'd be curious if you can get a Sport or a less expensive packaged JT with the EcoDiesel.... a $40-45k price point sounds much better to me.

DAA

That's funky. Lotta cargo weight would go behind the rear axle. As good as they did on the JL, I'm optimistic they'll get this right though.

- DAA