Jeep Jeep Wrangler based truck (JT Gladiator)

DAA

Driving through Moab yesterday at high noon I had my eyes peeled for a JT but didn't see one. Saw about a bazillion trailered rigs with giant company logos on them and a bunch of really sweet looking built rigs parked and cruising but all super shiny clean. Couldn't hardly see the paint on my LJ for the mud, I looked like the ugly duckling passing through town in my dirty little Jeep.

- DAA

Thursty

Driving through Moab yesterday at high noon I had my eyes peeled for a JT but didn't see one. Saw about a bazillion trailered rigs with giant company logos on them and a bunch of really sweet looking built rigs parked and cruising but all super shiny clean. Couldn't hardly see the paint on my LJ for the mud, I looked like the ugly duckling passing through town in my dirty little Jeep.

- DAA
It’s true. The only place in Moab more busy than City Market is the car wash.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Did he bob the bed? Or does it just look downright proportional now, on 40's? Because that is SEXAY.

Its not bobbed.
Its a Sport S model with the "low clearance" factory flares. With Rubicon flares you would have the same look with 4" of lift and 40s.

ALL Gladiators have new gen D44s front and rear. The non-rubicons just dont have lockers. So if you were planning to regear anyway adding lockers to a sport is cheaper than the Rubicon option. I really dont feel the 4:1 case is worth the difference in cost at that point.

Reactions: DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I went down to my local dealer and priced out a very well built Gladiator Rubicon with the 8 speed auto, LED lighting, 8.4" radio, active safety, heated leather seats, bed liner, hardtop headliner, etc and it comes in at $54k with my company discount! That seems like a pretty solid deal!

Greg

Admin
For those curious about the Gladiator colors, here's a schedule of availability. These dates are when the factory will begin painting them and my understanding is that they can't be ordered until the color is available from the factory.

image001-M.jpg

4x4_Welder

The dealer here got one in. They had it in an open lot, so I parked next to it and took a look. Interior room looks to be about the same as my Explorer, but it has another foot of wheelbase. And that rear overhang-
It'll be interesting to see one of these bobbed like an old Toyota.

Greg

Admin
I thought you would make it at least 2 weeks...:p

lol.... I couldn't make it 2 days. I've been moping around the house since the JKU sold on Thursday and had to do something. Was going to wait for either Sting Gray or Gobi, but that would add even more time! So I settled.... on ANOTHER White vehicle/Jeep.

The dealer here got one in. They had it in an open lot, so I parked next to it and took a look. Interior room looks to be about the same as my Explorer, but it has another foot of wheelbase. And that rear overhang-
It'll be interesting to see one of these bobbed like an old Toyota.

I'm looking at a 3" Teraflex lift and 37" BFG KM3's to help with the breakover and departure angles, we will see how long it stays stock! :oops: