Jeep Jeep Wrangler based truck (JT Gladiator)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
So Troy's Offroad in the DFW area posted this up on IG, not sure what lift, but Falcon shocks and 39.5" Irok's ( :( ) and it looks amazing.

View attachment 120034

Those wheels...:puke:

Every time I see a rig with those wheels I want to go back in time and prevent Kurt Cobain from killing himself so I can have something to hate more...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So Greg, is this what yours will be within a week of taking ownership, or do you think you'll be a little more conservative and wait a whole month?

:D

It all depends on when Teraflex releases their Gladiator suspension lineup and what it consists of. I would like to keep it stock for awhile, but with that overhang and breakover, it won't see any hard offroad use, so that right there may speed up the mods. IMO a 3" lift and 37's would go a long way. And while I love the look of 40's on a Gladiator, they're just not practical for highway/freeway/towing use. Even towing with 37's you're going to reduce capacity. I'm already planning to regear to 5.13's with 37's.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
:D

It all depends on when Teraflex releases their Gladiator suspension lineup and what it consists of. I would like to keep it stock for awhile, but with that overhang and breakover, it won't see any hard offroad use, so that right there may speed up the mods. IMO a 3" lift and 37's would go a long way. And while I love the look of 40's on a Gladiator, they're just not practical for highway/freeway/towing use. Even towing with 37's you're going to reduce capacity. I'm already planning to regear to 5.13's with 37's.
I was pretty shocked at how much power I lost when I went to 37's and 4.88's. I haven't compared tire weights or anything, but I'm telling myself that my 37's are really heavy.

Greg

Admin
For those interested in buying a Gladiator, you can find dealers that are selling for up to 4% UNDER invoice if you search around. This is worth knowing, because the Tread Lightly 1% under invoice or Supplier Discount (like I get) does NOT apply to the Gladiator.

I've ordered a Gladiator thru my local dealership, but they didn't seem to know that I don't get the 1% under invoice pricing. I've been told by someone that works for Jeep that they have enough room in their pricing that they can still sell it for that amount, the question is... will they? Ordering a Gladiator takes a refundable $500 down payment. I was told 6-8 weeks to build it, inspect and ship it out. It'll go from Detroit to Denver by rail, then to the dealer by truck.

So, one of the dealers I've found that WILL sell a Gladiator for 4% under invoice is Tri Cities Jeep in Eden, NC. - https://www.tricitychryslerjeepdodge.com/ I emailed Travis Reynolds (salesman at Tri Cities Jeep) a PDF of my build and options and I'm waiting to hear back on the price. There's a chance I'll take this deal over the local dealer and do a Fly & Drive back from NC! :D

Here's my build, it has $15k in options.... :eek: LED lighting, Safety Group, Heated Leather seats, bedliner, hard top insulation, etc, etc. Keep in mind the price shown is MSRP. From the builds that I've priced out at my local dealer, invoice pricing is around $5k less than MSRP, depending on options. If MSRP is $60k and Invoice is $55k, then 4% of $55k is $2,200.... so final price should be $52,800. I realize that's a sh!t ton of money, but the difference between MSRP and what you can actually buy them for is pretty significant. As for me, I've been saving up for quite some time and my JKU was paid off when I sold it, so I have plenty to put down on a Gladiator.

BuildOut.jpg

Greg

Admin
So some of my numbers were guesstimates, I heard back from Travis at Tri Cities Jeep in NC and here's the official prices.

"Our Gladiator pricing model has changed. Moving forward starting May 9th, we will be honoring a standard 4% below invoice price on in-stock & custom orders, with an additional 1% below invoice if you secure your financing with us (does not specifically need to be with Chrysler Capital; however, it must be with one of our lenders). Leasing also qualifies you for our financing discount. The largest discount offered is 5% below invoice when all parameters are met.

*Note: FCA is not recognizing any Affiliate discounts at this time, to include but not limited to: Affiliate Rewards (ie:, Tread Lightly), Employee Purchase, Military Rebate, etc. Again, there are no discounts available through FCA. All discounts are dealer discounts only.

MSRP is listed at $59,160. Your 4% below invoice price would be $53,357. Your 5% below invoice price with dealer financing would be $52,801."

Reactions: DAA

Greg

Admin
So, headed to NC in a few weeks?

That's the hard part, my local dealer said the $500 down was refundable if I changed my mind, but the NC dealer says it's non-refundable. My order is in now and getting prepped to build. If the dealership here in Grand Junction will honor the 1% under invoice, I'd still buy locally. But I don't want to wait until it's delivered and get a surprise on the final price and have them pull a 'mistaken' bait and switch on the price. At that point, I'd walk away from the local dealer, loose my $500 down and put in ANOTHER order, wait ANOTHER 6-8 weeks for the build, etc. But the good thing is that I have a hard copy from another dealer that lays out their 4% under invoice pricing that I can use as leverage to get 1% under invoice.... I think.

rholbrook

It is crazy the money they are getting out of the Gladiators and even the Wranglers. A loaded Tacoma is $43K but I know its not a Gladiator and the top comes off and lockers front and rear and bigger towing, and I can go on and on but it is still crazy money. I sure love the looks of the new Gladiators on 37s. I still think you should keep the Saltas Greg. They say they wont fit on the JL/Gladiator but they will. The rear backup camera mount needs a little massaging to fit. I have a picture of the Saltas on a new JL.

Greg

Admin
It is crazy the money they are getting out of the Gladiators and even the Wranglers. A loaded Tacoma is $43K but I know its not a Gladiator and the top comes off and lockers front and rear and bigger towing, and I can go on and on but it is still crazy money. I sure love the looks of the new Gladiators on 37s. I still think you should keep the Saltas Greg. They say they wont fit on the JL/Gladiator but they will. The rear backup camera mount needs a little massaging to fit. I have a picture of the Saltas on a new JL.

Wranglers are coming down in price, from what I've seen... at least the ones sitting on dealer lots and gathering dust. The Gladiator is the new hotness, I'm sure it's stealing Wrangler sales. And it seems like the new car industry is cooling off, so prices are dropping fast. Give the Gladiator a year and I bet you'll be able to get a Rubicon for under $50k.

And the Salta's are up just so I can put a little more cash down on my Gladiator. ;) I would like to keep them, it will be one less thing I have to buy when the mods start. ;) I have also heard they'll fit.