Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi headed to production!

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
If this does in fact become a reality, I'd wager it is going to put a serious dent in the aftermarket engine swap business. I'd bet that even the premium price jump for the 392 option will still be a fair amount less than buying a 3.6L Jeep and paying $15-25k+ for an aftermarket swap.

It could definitely hamper the swap industry. However I think it is two different clientele.

You have those who have to have the newest, latest and greatest and whatever the cost of the newest, latest and greatest they have to have it. Even if the Jeep runs in the $75k-$80k range.

Then you have those who are budget conscious and want a V8 but are a bit more frugal going about it. So they will find a 2007-2015 slightly used but clean for say $20k-$30k and then have a V8 swap performed to the tune of $15k-$25k. Still a big price difference in my mind and one that can be performed without a loan. This can and probably will cause the prices on older used JK's to deflate a bit.

Mike

Bart

It could definitely hamper the swap industry. However I think it is two different clientele.

You have those who have to have the newest, latest and greatest and whatever the cost of the newest, latest and greatest they have to have it. Even if the Jeep runs in the $75k-$80k range.

Then you have those who are budget conscious and want a V8 but are a bit more frugal going about it. So they will find a 2007-2015 slightly used but clean for say $20k-$30k and then have a V8 swap performed to the tune of $15k-$25k. Still a big price difference in my mind and one that can be performed without a loan. This can and probably will cause the prices on older used JK's to deflate a bit.

Mike

I'm with Mike on this one. This will be a preferred path for those that have the resources to go out and buy new and then buy an amazing build and engine swap. Then there are those of us that have a different financial priority, like me, that will build my JK into a better machine than the new ones, sans the fancy new stuff and electronics.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Rumor the Jeep Hercules will also get the 6.4l

Predicted Release Date: Fall 2020
Predicted Cost: $37,040-$47,040* (seems waaaay low)

Spy shots in the fall of 2019 of the new 2021 Jeep Gladiator Hercules certified the car as desert capable. The 2021 Hercules will join the Mojave as a tough, off-roading racer. The Hercules is the more aggressive off-roader when compared to the Jeep Gladiator base. The Hercules has a 6.4L, V8 engine.

The pickup truck is also faster than the base Gladiator. The Hercules has been designed by Jeep as a way to compete with the new Ford pickups that keep coming out. The performance version of the Gladiator will get 525 horsepower at maximum, along with 500+ pound-feet of torque.

I believe this original text is from "Investing.com" - I've not heard the V8 rumor anywhere else.

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
2e5.gif