Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi headed to production!

Pike2350

HOLY CRAP. if this report/forum is to be believed, the 392 will be $70k+ :oops:

1609343880270.png

The forum this is listed on claims the 27X code is for the 392. This is a Sport with dual tops and tow packages supposedly.

UPNO4

Addicted
Did anyone expect it to be less than 70K I mean a optioned out Rubi is over 60K so a Premium engine and I would almost bet some kind of guzzler tax.

Pike2350

I just priced one on Jeep's site as, it's now available to build.....starting MSRP is $73,500. There aren't a lot of options for it...and those that are available are generally accessories, more than options. Exterior, you can only select color, grille, tires, decals, rear tire HD hinge, & top. Interior, you can select windshield tie down, window storage bag, floor mats, cargo management & hard top liner. After that, there is now the "Dual door package" which is factory half doors (for $4400), Towing and/or smokers package. That's it.

I priced what I'd get HD rear tire, floor mats, hard top liner, cargo management, tow package. MSRP for $77,150.00. The dual doors, while I like them, I think $4400 is quite a bit steep...but it pushed is over $81k if I added that.

I must be out of touch, but I am shocked how expensive vehicle prices are now days. Both new & used vehicles are ridiculously priced. The JLU I priced in Rubicon trim was $55k and a Gladiator would be $57k. :eek:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
MSRP is a always higher than what you should pay. I paid $5k under MSRP for my loaded Rubicon Gladiator from my local dealer and that was right when they were released.

If you knock $5k off the MSRP of your first price, it gets in the $67k range... and that's $12k more than I paid. Seems reasonable for a V8 IMO.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
The interesting piece will be seeing if they suffer from the Raptor/Hellcat effect and are priced ABOVE MSRP on the lot.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
With last month's Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Group merge, I heard the SRT division was almost immediately shut down. I wonder if the next move is to cancel vehicles like the 392 wrangler. Doesn't look like they would do it right away, but I could see it happening.

Pike2350

MSRP is a always higher than what you should pay. I paid $5k under MSRP for my loaded Rubicon Gladiator from my local dealer and that was right when they were released.

If you knock $5k off the MSRP of your first price, it gets in the $67k range... and that's $12k more than I paid. Seems reasonable for a V8 IMO.
I do realize this. back when I sold Jeeps in 1998, they rarely had to haggle off MSRP. I know that's not the case now and that there is a little room...however, I do expect these will command a premium right up front, and will not be remotely surprised if it means MSRP+ for awhile.

I am still amazed that a new Jeep Wrangler can have an MSRP over $80k. As I said, back when I was selling Jeeps a full loaded Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited was just about $40k....a fully loaded Sahara TJ was just under $30k.

Homefryy

I do realize this. back when I sold Jeeps in 1998, they rarely had to haggle off MSRP. I know that's not the case now and that there is a little room...however, I do expect these will command a premium right up front, and will not be remotely surprised if it means MSRP+ for awhile.

I am still amazed that a new Jeep Wrangler can have an MSRP over $80k. As I said, back when I was selling Jeeps a full loaded Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited was just about $40k....a fully loaded Sahara TJ was just under $30k.

I just pulled up an inflation calculator and that $40k in 1998 is equivalent to $64k in 2021 so the V8 Wrangler price doesn't seem that bad.