Jeeper's 2005 Colorado

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Fuel pump died on me yesterday. I filled up at the station, and it wouldn't start afterwords. I prefer to take the bed off of trucks to access the pump, especially when the tank is full. I looked under the bed and could see the fuel lines right at the front of the bed. It took about an hour to get the shell, all my tools, and the bed off.

IMG_5078.JPG
IMG_5081.JPG

And then...

IMG_5079.JPG

The lines I saw were just vent lines! The pump is actually under the cab :( FML.

IMG_5080.JPG

I took the pressure washer and cleaned it all real good. I will have to drain my tank now so I can drop it..

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Because I had just filled up, it’s got 18 gallons of gas in it. I pulled the filler neck off so I can siphon the gas out.. nope.. it has an anti-siphon valve in the tank! I’ve always dealt with them in the fuller neck, not the tank. Lame.

Kevin B.

OLAF
Premium Member
Crappy. I've played that game, except I fought for a full day to get the bed off because the bolts were rusted. Once I found out I couldn't get to the fuel pump with the bed off either, I just said ***it and used ratchet straps to drop the tank with the gas still in it. It's not as heavy as you'd think.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I dropped the tank low enough to get the pump loose, then siphoned the gas out. After that it was a piece of cake to get it dropped and swapped. To get it all done and back together took about 4 hours today. The siphoning and pouring gas into my other truck took some of that time.
Not nearly as fast as doing it bed off.
E84342DB-6938-48CC-9CDE-4F65969DD922.jpeg 62F124C4-21DD-472B-AF3B-5489D33F8FF3.jpeg

I still have the tools out and shell off. Without all that extra weight, this truck rides like a tank! The lift i put on was an add-a-leaf. It rides awesome when I have it loaded. If I did the lift and didn’t carry a lot of weight, I would be way mad.