Jeeper's 2006 6.0 F350

juhcohbee

At least you somewhat know what you have with the 6.0, you could be getting yourself into another pile of problems getting something different, if you've already invested this much, and you got it running correctly, then id say keep it.

ID Bronco

I went and drove a 2011 6.2 today. I thought I had a found a good deal, but after checking it over closely I realized it was in pretty rough shape. In order to get into a nicer 6.2, I think I will have to spend more than I want too. So now I am conflicted. If this 6.0 will last than I guess I should keep it.. But I don't know what to think. :(

however, the mirrors on the 2011 were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 6.0. If I keep it, I will have to upgrade the mirrors.

I would take a lesson from Tonkaman and sell the "lemon" (his toyota). It's still a 6.0 and you may end up in Price towing it home with a Dodge if your not careful.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Hey now. I found out what was wrong. And it'll be running tomorrow. It had a bad o-ring.

And even though I had to get a new truck and haul it home. I'm still happy with the new situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
The passenger side standpipe went bad and I wasn't able to build any oil pressure.

I just got a new one free under warranty. Put it in and air tested the system for more leaks.

Everything is all fixed and good to go.

Just need to put it all back together now.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Hey now. I found out what was wrong. And it'll be running tomorrow. It had a bad o-ring.

And even though I had to get a new truck and haul it home. I'm still happy with the new situation.

That's the most expensive O-ring I have ever seen! :rofl:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Actually that's fine. I can't work on that Powerstroke V8 anymore. There isn't any room. I think I tore a ligament in my shoulder last night trying to get a valve cover golt back in. You have to be a contortionist to work on this damn thing. But I can get things fixed rather fast now that I know how to do it and what to look for.

My wife was done with the Ford. She wanted a new truck. So here we are now.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Actually that's fine. I can't work on that Powerstroke V8 anymore. There isn't any room. I think I tore a ligament in my shoulder last night trying to get a valve cover golt back in. You have to be a contortionist to work on this damn thing. But I can get things fixed rather fast now that I know how to do it and what to look for.

My wife was done with the Ford. She wanted a new truck. So here we are now.

You sound like a 6.0L PowerStroke owner now :D

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
If anyone wants to buy the Ford Powerstroke maditory owners tool set let me know. I have all the special tools you need.

Plus this for your hands and head. That way you can get the swearing out of your system in private before you go out to work on the truck and scare all your neighbors.

Z--0Gwfo5oy.JPG

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
You know, so far nothing has been annoying. I generally like it. The ride is a little better. The interior is better. Quieter, more comfortable and has more conveniences. The only stupid thing is the stereo. I have the 8.4 touch screen. And it changes the preset stations all the time. I just updated it this week. It didn't help anything. So I guess I'll live with it.

If the front suspension starts getting death wobble, I'll convert it to the radius arms on the 3500. Atleast Ford did a few things right. Suspension was one of them.

If the transmission dies, there is a conversion kit to use the allison from the duramax. everything is integrated even to the computer. So, in a nutshell you'd have the best of both worlds.

The best truck would be:

Ford body and chassis, allison transmission, cummins engine. But since you can't get all of the good stuff in one truck, you have to pick your poison with one of the three.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The problem that I am having is that I can't find a decent truck to replace the 6.0 for a price I want to pay :( I'd be almost double what I am into this truck for something newer and better. Anything I can find in the same price range as the 6.0 should sell for has 200k miles and is in rough shape. This 6.0 has only 90k, and is in great shape.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
6.7 Cummins swap. lol

all you'd have to keep is the EGR system and a cat to keep it street legal.

I wasn't offended in anyway. I don't get offended much if ever. I do all the offending.

I'll never own a Chevy or GMC product. I can't stand the IFS, and the doors on chevies always fall off. I worked as an engineer tech in a coal mine in Montana. All the mine trucks were chevies with less than 30K miles. All the doors were falling off, the beds all had to be replaced with flatbeds (because the sides would fall off and the tailgates). So that cemented that deal with me. In the oil fields the fords and dodge trucks always last.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
It'll just have the rest of the truck fall apart around the engine

Curious to see how you feel about the Dodge in a few years ;)

I've been just as critical of Dodge "Ram" whatever you want to call it in recent years. But I have to say they have REALLY stepped up their game. I also recently dove into the late model Ram pool and I'm really happy with the truck. I'm more of a F*rd fan, if you will, but having a 2015 Ford work mobile and a newer Ram now both near same trim level I have to say the Ram is a nicer place to spend time. Hopefully it stays quiet and the rattles don't start but right now I could hear a mouse fart inside while doing 80 down the road. My only gripe is the vast majority of the interior controls have to go thru the 8.4 screen.... I would rather have buttons. That and the TPMS yelling at me because it wants 80 psi in the rears all the time. Hopefully a trip to the dealer will remedy that

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I've ridden in and driven the 2016 F350 Lariat. My father in law just bought one about 6 months ago. They are really nice, they are probably faster than the RAM, but reliability still scares me with the new 6.7 Powerstroke. And they want a grip for those.

I got a good deal on this one. It only had 14K miles when I got it. It's basically a brand new truck.

It will be kind of interesting to compare this and my father-in-law's truck over the next few years.