Jeeper's F150 'Ivory'

I wasn't really in the market, but this truck popped into my FB feed, so I bought it. It's a 2008 F150. Basic package, with chrome bumpers. The truck has a bad sputter/misfire. Being as It was less than 1/2 the price of the cheapest comparable truck I could find.. I figured it was worth the risk.
The truck just rolled over 200k on the odo. It has the 5.4L V8. Interior is fairly clean, with typical drivers seat wear.

IMG_1993.JPG

Obviously I have to figure out what is causing the sputter before I can get too far into plans for it.. But I have to decide what I would like to do with it. If I keep It, I have to sell my colorado. In order to use the truck for work I would have to add a shell or utility bed. It is nice to have a little more room inside the cab, and this would be able to pull my larger trailers that the Colorado can't pull, which would also help keep miles and damage off of my F350. However it would also become the truck I would use for offroad use. I am not sure that I want a full size for that.

Decisions decisions.

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have been driving this truck for a couple weeks now. It has great power, and is a good ride. I haven’t been able to feel like it’s ‘mine’ yet. I haven’t added the things I need to make it work well for my tools and such that I need. I feel like I am driving around in a borrowed truck.
I am only getting about 13mpg. I had hoped for better.
I have also noticed the phaser sound while in the bank drive through, as the sound can bounce back to me.
Looks like I can get a phaser lockout kit and new timing chain and tensioners for about $700, but then add in my costs for getting it set up the way I want, and it doesn’t seem worth while to keep the truck.
I decided to sell the truck.

Then I got back into my Colorado for a day, and realized that I really enjoyed being in the bigger truck.
However, the Colorado is set up the way I like, has new tires, and has the mount for my winch and snowplow in place.

I couldn’t decide what to do, so I listed both of them for $5,500, and I will keep the one that doesn’t sell :)

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
How did you manage that?

one lady came to look at it and said it only booked about $4K.. So I got on KBB, and it booked between 6-8k like I thought.. KBB had a little 'sell to a dealer' button, so I followed the links, and sure enough they sent me an offer, and bought it..