JK front Dana 44 swap into LJ

LJTim

I wouldn't normally be ok with the single sheer, but this bolt is 3/4" and 8" long grade 8, and TJ guys have been using this set up for a long time racing KOH with no issues. The design came up from Blaine Johnson, the guy that does a ton of Savvy's R&D, and I trust anything he comes up with. That's what they used on the Savvy/Currie rig that won all those years they competed in the everyman challenge. Since you have to come up with a custom set up for the JK to JK swap due to differences in frame widths, I wanted to reference someone that was doing similar builds. Blaine has probably done more custom TJ builds than anyone out there. He was a great resource for me. Fingers crossed it works for me. If not, I'll scrap the whole track bar set up.

Last edited:

LJTim

Heck yeah man! You knocked that out pretty quick once you got started on it. When is it's first trail date?
Shad, I am hoping to hit Little Moab tomorrow. I was planning to pre-run a couple trails in Sand Hollow on New Years, but some family things have come up that will make that unlikely, so I'll probably do the Hangover Run out at 5-mile pass on Tuesday.

Reactions: SSR

XJEEPER

I'm with Carl, the axle-side trackbar mount is not going to survive. I would suggest something more like this.

1547158759894.png

I know that this trackbar axle mount design performed well on the 4634 XJ Ultra 4 rig, turning 35's and bombing through the KOH course/Ultra 4 races for multiple seasons.

Last edited: