Trade JK Rear Captain's Chairs

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Asking Price
$1
Condition
Used - Good Condition
Previous owner of our Jeep converted the rear bench to captain's chairs. I'd like to swap back to the bench, as we occasionally haul other kids around.

The JK is a 2017 Rubicon, and ideally I'd like the matching bench. If someone was interested in a swap, I'd like to swap over all parts to make it work in each other's rigs... brackets, belts, seats, etc.

116434921_3709467459082155_1697884575546674683_o.jpg

I believe this was done using a PRP seat bracket:

Bart

Possibly another option for you. If you find a rear bench seat for sale, let me know what you would want for those seats.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Possibly another option for you. If you find a rear bench seat for sale, let me know what you would want for those seats.

Will do. I’ve sent a couple emails to salvage yards with the bench seat I need, but haven’t heard back from any of them. It would sure be nice to not have to pay out to return to stock, but it may end up that way.

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
Hmmmmm, I didn't know this was a thing! I have a 2014 Rubicon with Black leather! I'll ponder this, but am very intrigued!!

Are we talking just a straight swap? I'm past the kid hauling days by quite a bit.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Hmmmmm, I didn't know this was a thing! I have a 2014 Rubicon with Black leather! I'll ponder this, but am very intrigued!!

Are we talking just a straight swap? I'm past the kid hauling days by quite a bit.

Absolutely a straight swap! We could arrange a time and we’d do the full swap into both vehicles just to make sure it worked for both of us

The seats are in great condition. It’s a neat idea, makes for more comfortable seating for adults and it’s kind of unique.

Think it over, shoot me a message if you want to check out the seats sometime. I’m in Southern Utah, but will be in the Wasatch front in a couple weeks.

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
Absolutely a straight swap! We could arrange a time and we’d do the full swap into both vehicles just to make sure it worked for both of us

The seats are in great condition. It’s a neat idea, makes for more comfortable seating for adults and it’s kind of unique.

Think it over, shoot me a message if you want to check out the seats sometime. I’m in Southern Utah, but will be in the Wasatch front in a couple weeks.

Can you take some pics of how they fit in there? Middle spacing, edge spacing, etc? I'll take my other questions off the thread into a message.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
The seats are not on sliders and do not tip forward other than reclining. There is enough space to put something like a grocery sack in the back between the b pillar and the seat, but realistically you would probably want to use the tailgate for most loading and unloading. The brackets do allow for some alignment of seats, and mine aren’t perfectly aligned.

Additional pics

049281C2-85CB-4492-B4A4-72A21B761489.jpeg4B074D4B-BF6C-4E8C-A580-D724EBDD7C94.jpeg7902B142-F9B2-4711-9A8E-9898AADA9278.jpegD98F9CA6-5089-49F6-A661-E3DC7BB5ED76.jpeg7B98F26F-F2A2-4D9C-9DBE-F4373D6831C8.jpeg629FB46E-7C6F-4CB1-A271-0197FBC9FDAA.jpegD8AAD6A4-BC72-4D18-A43B-0727B0C2CEBE.jpeg