Jeep JK tub measurements?

SWALLDOG

Wondering if someone can help me w some 4 door jk tub measurements.

How wide is the tub? (Not including fender flares)

How long is the tub? (Cowl to back)

Is the back if the hood as wide as the tub?

How wide is the front of the hood?

How long is the hood?

Just some rough measurements is all I'm looking for. I'm going to sell the buggy and build a more family friendly rig. I was going to do a stretch or 4 door CJ7 kind of ride. But now I'm thinking if I can find a 4 door jk tub I would go that way. Just wondering how they would compare. I know jk tubs are wider, just don't know how much.
Thanks in advance.

SWALLDOG

So Marc (mbryson) was kind enough to let me come over and pull some measurements on his jk. Thanks again bud! Plus we got to talk jeeps, which is always a bonus! Lol. Anyways I thought I would throw up some of the main measurements for future reference or anyone else looking.

4Door JK
Tub - 64" wide
Front of cowl to back - 119.75"
Hood - 38.5" long
Top wide part of the grill - 46.5"

These jk bodies are pretty cool. I was pleasantly surprised that it was only 5" wider than a cj/yj/tj tub. I was thinking they were wider. They definitely are a little more modern than the older tubs. Look to have more internal bracing and stuff. I also noticed the back looks to have a little bow/shape to it. I didn't put a straight edge up to it or anything but definitely not as boxie as the older tubs.

Now the dilemma I'm having is do I keep looking for a 4 door jk tub or use the yj tub, cj hood and grill I have and make it a 4 door or stretch it to LJ? I haven't found a jk tub but I'm guessing its going to cost around $1500 if I do. No wrecking yard will give me a price cus none of them have one. I would hate to spend the money on a jk tub if it's going to get hacked up. Well definitely most of the floor and fire wall. This is kind of a list of things I want on this new rig.

-Family rig (4 seats and room for gear)
-Soft top ( it's going to have a heater and ac so at max a soft top.
-Boarder line street legal. I want to go as extreme as I can but still want to drive to the trails and around town on a sunny day. Maybe even to work on a good day.
-4 door? I really like the idea of a 4 door because my kids are going to be in car seats for a while and I think getting them in and out safe would be alot easier w a 4dr vs a LJ.

Sorry I'm just thinking out loud now. There is so many factors to consider maybe I need to write them out and prioritize them. Haha.

Bart

As far as tops go, either stretching to LJ or CJ8 length give you cheaper options to go with. 4 doors would be cool, but lots of work if you're going to fab them. Can't wait to see what direction you go.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Why not just build a 4 door JK? Mine was a bare bones Rubi on 35's and I was impressed with how well it did. I bet one on 40's and some HP with a body you weren't afraid to ding up would be awesome.