Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
If you want to work with me, got a Unix engineer job opening soon.
9-5, oncall once a week, every 8 weeks
AIX, Solaris, Red Hat
3-4 weeks of vacation a year (use it or loose it policy)
We support various middleware/big data groups so some familiarity is nice but you don't need to know Jboss or hadoop, job is more OS support than application.

Most the upcoming work will be migrating from AIX/Solaris to Red Hat, but ongoing support of the old environment is still needed.

West Valley is where the majority of the team is.

Coco

Supporting Vendor!
Supporting Vendor
Anyone hiring? I have a lot of experience in the automotive industry, firearm industry, customer service, etc. PM me and I can email a resume.

Coco

Supporting Vendor!
Supporting Vendor
Ahhh crap.... they let you go, too?
There’s a lot of bull crap going on right now, the short story is they are basically demoting me because of changes they wanted me to make in our production facility, isn’t being received well by the millienial crew they have working for them, and many are threatening to quit. So instead of admitting they made bad calls with these changes, they are demoting me to please the children.

Things have been going south there for a long time, and it’s just time for a change.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
There’s a lot of bull crap going on right now, the short story is they are basically demoting me because of changes they wanted me to make in our production facility, isn’t being received well by the millienial crew they have working for them, and many are threatening to quit. So instead of admitting they made bad calls with these changes, they are demoting me to please the children.

Things have been going south there for a long time, and it’s just time for a change.
Sorry to hear, I hope you find something better. Good news is that the job market looks pretty promising right now.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
Barney Brothers in Grand Junction, CO is hiring! This is a local 4x4 shop in Grand Junction, CO... they have been around a long time and are family-friendly. They're very busy and I've had them do quite a bit of work on my Jeep and it's always been good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as a place to work.

Barney Brothers is now accepting applications for automotive technicians. We are looking for ASE Certified, experienced technicians who like working in a positive, fast paced environment. If you like thinking outside of the box and working on a wide variety of vehicles this is the place for you! We work on everything from Diesels to Mini Vans and install everything from water pumps to aftermarket accessories. Please apply online at https://form.jotform.com/DBarn…/BarneyBrothersJOBapplication
http://www.barneybrothers.com/

ttora4runner

The construction company I work for HHI Corporation out of Ogden is looking for the following.

Superintendent
QC Manager
Project Manager
Project Engineer
Project Assistant (construction and purchasing background is preferable)
Ironworkers
Shop Lead Staff (preferable for a 2nd shift)

If you all know of anyone who is interested have them email their resume to office@hhicorp.com, the position your interested in and who referred them (me - Teaaron)

moab_cj5

A job posting has been placed for Relief Operators at our SLC Refinery. The posting will close on Tuesday, August 7, 2018.

Only applicants that apply through the online Operator application by clicking the link below will be considered for the Operator position.
Apply using this link: http://www.andeavorjobs.com

POSITION DESCRIPTION

The Andeavor Salt Lake City Refinery is seeking highly motivated Operators to join our team. Operators work together to monitor, regulate, troubleshoot and safely operate complex process equipment.
Operators are responsible for monitoring units under their control while keeping product specs and yields at a maximum. Must be able to startup and shutdown the units and safely operate during process upsets, power failures and mechanical failure. With knowledge of the process units, must be able to assist other unit operators in their training and day to day operation. Other primary responsibilities will include:
  • Managing and monitoring the outside equipment and control functions involved in the Refinery processes
  • Gathering data from these functions and analyzing and interpreting it into appropriate action as operational adjustments or recommendations
  • Providing assistance with unit startups, shutdowns and emergency response
  • Possessing an in-depth knowledge of the physical portion of the plant
Operators work in a safety-sensitive environment and must successfully complete a rigorous pre-employment assessment process, drug/alcohol and medical screenings, and a background check. To ensure safe operations, new hires must also successfully complete operator qualification training and participate in random drug and alcohol screenings.

Minimum Qualifications
  • High School graduate or GED equivalent, required
  • Willing to work 12-hour rotating shift schedule including weekends, nights, holidays and overtime, required.
  • Willing to climb ladders and work at heights
Preferred Qualifications
  • Process Tech, Technical/Chemical or Power Plant Technology Associates degree
  • Two (2) years experience as a process operator in the petrochemical or related industry
  • Good mechanical aptitude, oral and written communication skills and ability to make sound decisions.
  • Ability to perform well in a team environment working with little supervision to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements
  • Any combination equivalent to education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills is qualifying.
Physical Requirements

Work performed at ground level and at heights on concrete, metal grating, gravel, asphalt and piping surfaces, while climbing, lifting 40 pounds plus, carrying 10-20 pounds, pushing/pulling up to 250 pounds with mechanical assistance and working in confined spaces.

APPLY ONLINE (below). Posting closes August 7, 2018
http://www.andeavorjobs.com

Last edited: