Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Anybody have any need for part time help one day a week in Utah county? I currently have Monday off, and have been trying to find some supplemental income for that extra day. I currently do HVAC, am pretty proficient at mechanical stuff, plumbing, electrical, etc, or automotive stuff.

Anybody on here looking for somebody like this?
One of my friends works part time for Absolute heating and air in Mapleton. They are constantly looking for help and he often works one day a week so I assume they are cool with that.

The_Lobbster

One of my friends works part time for Absolute heating and air in Mapleton. They are constantly looking for help and he often works one day a week so I assume they are cool with that.
Two of my coworkers used to work there, and are on really good terms, so I had one of them ask the boss for me when he was talking to him, to which he said no. Maybe I need to go bug them in person!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have turned in my notice, and am leaving my company for a new opportunity, after 9 years. So my position is available. I can help expedite the process for anyone on here interested. Send me your number and we can talk more about it. My last day is December 3. They'd love to have someone overlap me so you could potentially start today. This is a one man band kind of show here.

-Industrial Maintenance Manager/Technician in the steel industry.
-Need to be highly experienced with low voltage electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, all things mechanical.
-Experienced with gas and diesel engines, trucks, semi trailers.
-Experienced with bridge cranes would be a huge plus.
-Experienced with computers: Outlook, Word, Excel. Record keeping, RME.
-Experienced welder.
-Managing our outside vendors, including electricians, plumbers, bay door repair techs, PPE suppliers, crane repair techs.
-Confident speaking on the phone to various tech support personnel.
-Confident speaking to operators and managers. Leading training exercises on occasion.
-Must have a complete set of tools in a tool box.
-Must be able to wear full PPE all day long. Hard hat to safety boots.
-Located in SLC, 1700 S and 700 W area.

I work for a large company scattered across the US and Canada and owned by an even larger steel company. Benefits are great. If you can check all the boxes above you'll start at well over $30/hr. You must be willing to work overtime. The typical day is M-F 5am to around 4-430pm. Then usually Saturdays from 5am to 10-11am. One or two Sundays a year depending on projects going on. I'm at 650 hours of overtime this year and finish most years between 700-800 hours. So you have to be a worker, but it's not hard to make six figures.
My background before coming here was as a heavy equipment technician with lots of field service experience. After doing industrial maintenance I will not go back to heavy equipment. This has been so much easier, in terms of the actual work, and also easier on my body. I will always try to stay in this line of work.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Best of luck in your new endeavor Josh.

Your description is nearly identical to our daily duties here as well as per our discussion. Like you, I actually enjoy the Industrial Maintenance field. It's hard work but very rewarding and not for someone who isn't motivated.

85CUCVKRAWLER

I have turned in my notice, and am leaving my company for a new opportunity, after 9 years. So my position is available. I can help expedite the process for anyone on here interested. Send me your number and we can talk more about it. My last day is December 3. They'd love to have someone overlap me so you could potentially start today. This is a one man band kind of show here.

-Industrial Maintenance Manager/Technician in the steel industry.
-Need to be highly experienced with low voltage electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, all things mechanical.
-Experienced with gas and diesel engines, trucks, semi trailers.
-Experienced with bridge cranes would be a huge plus.
-Experienced with computers: Outlook, Word, Excel. Record keeping, RME.
-Experienced welder.
-Managing our outside vendors, including electricians, plumbers, bay door repair techs, PPE suppliers, crane repair techs.
-Confident speaking on the phone to various tech support personnel.
-Confident speaking to operators and managers. Leading training exercises on occasion.
-Must have a complete set of tools in a tool box.
-Must be able to wear full PPE all day long. Hard hat to safety boots.
-Located in SLC, 1700 S and 700 W area.

I work for a large company scattered across the US and Canada and owned by an even larger steel company. Benefits are great. If you can check all the boxes above you'll start at well over $30/hr. You must be willing to work overtime. The typical day is M-F 5am to around 4-430pm. Then usually Saturdays from 5am to 10-11am. One or two Sundays a year depending on projects going on. I'm at 650 hours of overtime this year and finish most years between 700-800 hours. So you have to be a worker, but it's not hard to make six figures.
My background before coming here was as a heavy equipment technician with lots of field service experience. After doing industrial maintenance I will not go back to heavy equipment. This has been so much easier, in terms of the actual work, and also easier on my body. I will always try to stay in this line of work.

I dont mean to be rude, but you were doing the job of three people, at minimum. Being "asked" (forced) to work the majority of your life away for an hourly rate barely above what most mines offer for day 1 hires.

Again, dont mean to be rude, but i hope you find an employer who actually values the wealth you would bring to the job.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Not rude at all. It's not a job for the faint of heart or one looking just to punch a clock. But a guy that actually cares about the work and wants to succeed, not just to make money, will do well here. I cared A LOT, but over time I get burned out and lazy with any job and must move on to freshen up.
It's certainly not as bad in real life as it sounds on paper. Aren't most job descriptions that way? For me, starting at 5am and working till 4-5pm is great. I never miss anything my family is doing (besides sleeping). It's usually easy to get out early and go to my daughter's swim meets, for example. I don't even tell anyone most of the time. Just leave. Working Saturday mornings is nice too. I'm usually home before my family is even up and running. We got into boating because of this. I'd get home and we'd go. It does make camping harder.
No doubt there are a few guys working more than one job on here. Why not work at one place and make more than working at 2-3 jobs? Every guys situation is different and this will appeal to some, but not others.

And it's way more than three people. "MacGyver" and "Chief Problem Solver" are two more job positions I didn't even touch on. :D

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Best of luck in your new endeavor Josh.

Your description is nearly identical to our daily duties here as well as per our discussion. Like you, I actually enjoy the Industrial Maintenance field. It's hard work but very rewarding and not for someone who isn't motivated.
I appreciate that. All of my superiors know I'm leaving now. Not one has wished me well. They're mostly focused on guilt trips right now. :rolleyes:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I appreciate that. All of my superiors know I'm leaving now. Not one has wished me well. They're mostly focused on guilt trips right now. :rolleyes:
You gotta love that bs. My wife dealt with that kind of attitude when she was leaving her last job. Her entire life was that job and the owner said some horrible things after she announced her resignation.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor

I'm sure that is because they know what they are up against with today's work force trying to replace you.

I will admit we lost a couple this year that I was not in the least bit sad to see go as they were absolutely useless and more talkers than they were doers but I still wished them well. I was almost giddy about it knowing I wouldn't have to deal with them any longer and they were someone else's problem now. :D

That being said, we have our "pillars" in our shop that will be hard to replace when they retire and/or leave. Like you, I could make more money elsewhere but I like the vacation time that I have here and although more money would be nice, knowing the job and having some freedoms are worth a little less pay to me. I have a great group of mechanics in our shop currently and many of them could make more elsewhere but they're pretty loyal and have similar feelings as I about our work.

Any form of mechanics field is hard to find people right now. I think I lucked out with the two we just hired as they are quite young and very inexperienced but they seem energetic and enthusiastic to have their foot in the door. I will take drive and ambition any day of the week over a journeyman with an attitude that he can do no wrong. I am excited to see these young men grow and built their skillset that can provide them with a great lifestyle and career. I know there are good mechanics in each of them just waiting to be released with a bit of knowledge, opportunity and people who believe in them.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Today was it! For the first time since high school I am unemployed. The new job starts the first week of January. Now to finish the slug bug project and get my house packed up.

Ps. No one has even applied for my position. 😂

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Today was it! For the first time since high school I am unemployed. The new job starts the first week of January. Now to finish the slug bug project and get my house packed up.

Ps. No one has even applied for my position. 😂

You moving for the new job?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You moving for the new job?
The new job is taking us to Arizona for about two years. We have a dirt cheap rental house there waiting for us. The plan is to live there while we buy land in Seward Alaska. Seward is a major sport/commercial fishery. We will build a house/B&B along with a large shop. We will have a large site for boat/RV storage with the idea that our boat storage clients will stay in our 4 hotel room style B&B while in Seward. My shop will double as indoor heated storage and also repair/fabrication of anything, but mostly the boats/RVs that we keep on site. According to the Seward zoning and planning commissions there are not enough hotel beds in town or repair facilities so this should be a good deal for everyone. There are 3 other boat storage facilities there and each of them have a waiting list to store boats. We have enough equity in the sale of our home here that we can buy the land and get it fenced and open for the outdoor storage right away, along with getting the build started on the house. Hopefully the house will be complete by spring of 2024 for the start of the summer fishing season. Once we get moved in we will start the build of the shop. Right now the plans are 60x100' that will allow 12 indoor storage spots during the summer season and 18 spots in the winter, when I'll shut down all repair work. Crazy, I know.

Corban_White

The new job is taking us to Arizona for about two years. We have a dirt cheap rental house there waiting for us. The plan is to live there while we buy land in Seward Alaska. Seward is a major sport/commercial fishery. We will build a house/B&B along with a large shop. We will have a large site for boat/RV storage with the idea that our boat storage clients will stay in our 4 hotel room style B&B while in Seward. My shop will double as indoor heated storage and also repair/fabrication of anything, but mostly the boats/RVs that we keep on site. According to the Seward zoning and planning commissions there are not enough hotel beds in town or repair facilities so this should be a good deal for everyone. There are 3 other boat storage facilities there and each of them have a waiting list to store boats. We have enough equity in the sale of our home here that we can buy the land and get it fenced and open for the outdoor storage right away, along with getting the build started on the house. Hopefully the house will be complete by spring of 2024 for the start of the summer fishing season. Once we get moved in we will start the build of the shop. Right now the plans are 60x100' that will allow 12 indoor storage spots during the summer season and 18 spots in the winter, when I'll shut down all repair work. Crazy, I know.
Where in AZ?

Are you planning to move up to AK and be self employed once it's ready?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

:cool:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Where in AZ?

Are you planning to move up to AK and be self employed once it's ready?
We are moving to Mesa. Baseline Road and Higley Road area.

The plan all kind of depends on how the shop comes together. We will likely need to get jobs to supplement the income until the shop is built and I can start working out of it.

On the other hand, 4 B&B rooms that will get anywhere from $100 to $200 per night..... $100 x 4 x 7 x 26 weeks = potentially $72,800 gross for the summer season.
The storage lot will have room for no less than 100 spaces. Most people only store in Seward for the summer season, but many pay for their space year round so they don't loose their space the following spring when they go back on the market. $80/month is about average for outdoor/open storage space. 100 x $80 x 6 months = potentially $48,000 gross.
We may have my wife get a local job for insurance and stuff and I'll run the B&B and storage at first. It will be concierge style where we take care of as much as we can for our clients. Put their boats in the water, take out, clean, process fish, etc. The lots we are looking at are 2-3 minutes from the Seward Harbor ramps.
Once the shop is in we'll have more income. To my knowledge there is no indoor, heated storage in Seward. Outside open, but covered storage is getting $180/month and you can't find an open space. I figured I could get at least $200 a month for my 12 summer season spaces. So that could be another $14k. If I had a full lot of storage that could be a full time job just doing serving and minor repair. I can't be so busy I don't have time to do my own fishing! At a cheap $50/hr I'd like to only work in the shop for 20-30 hours a week. That's another $26000 for the summer season.

Oh, and I fully intend to get my pilots license and a bush plane. The airport is right across the street from a couple lots we want. Next level R.M.E. :cool:

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Oh, and I fully intend to get my pilots license and a bush plane. The airport is right across the street from a couple lots we want. Next level R.M.E. :cool:
I had a buddy that was a Bush pilot up in Alaska. He said that because small planes are such a basic transportation method there, some people estimate that only 50% of the people flying their small planes around have a license. People just learn to fly and go with it.

So...when in Rome?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I had a buddy that was a Bush pilot up in Alaska. He said that because small planes are such a basic transportation method there, some people estimate that only 50% of the people flying their small planes around have a license. People just learn to fly and go with it.

So...when in Rome?
Sounds a lot like freedom.