Jobs! Looking for a job? Is your company hiring? Post up here!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I had a buddy that was a Bush pilot up in Alaska. He said that because small planes are such a basic transportation method there, some people estimate that only 50% of the people flying their small planes around have a license. People just learn to fly and go with it.

So...when in Rome?

Small planes are relatively easy to fly. Getting them back on the ground in one piece is the hard part. Also the vast majority of training is learning what to do when shiz goes wrong just my $0.02

<——— Also a flight instructor

Corban_White

We are moving to Mesa. Baseline Road and Higley Road area.

The plan all kind of depends on how the shop comes together. We will likely need to get jobs to supplement the income until the shop is built and I can start working out of it.

On the other hand, 4 B&B rooms that will get anywhere from $100 to $200 per night..... $100 x 4 x 7 x 26 weeks = potentially $72,800 gross for the summer season.
The storage lot will have room for no less than 100 spaces. Most people only store in Seward for the summer season, but many pay for their space year round so they don't loose their space the following spring when they go back on the market. $80/month is about average for outdoor/open storage space. 100 x $80 x 6 months = potentially $48,000 gross.
We may have my wife get a local job for insurance and stuff and I'll run the B&B and storage at first. It will be concierge style where we take care of as much as we can for our clients. Put their boats in the water, take out, clean, process fish, etc. The lots we are looking at are 2-3 minutes from the Seward Harbor ramps.
Once the shop is in we'll have more income. To my knowledge there is no indoor, heated storage in Seward. Outside open, but covered storage is getting $180/month and you can't find an open space. I figured I could get at least $200 a month for my 12 summer season spaces. So that could be another $14k. If I had a full lot of storage that could be a full time job just doing serving and minor repair. I can't be so busy I don't have time to do my own fishing! At a cheap $50/hr I'd like to only work in the shop for 20-30 hours a week. That's another $26000 for the summer season.

Oh, and I fully intend to get my pilots license and a bush plane. The airport is right across the street from a couple lots we want. Next level R.M.E. :cool:

We moved to Payson (just up the hill from Mesa) in July. Let me know if you have any questions or need a hand with anything. Moving out of state was definitely a bigger deal than I thought it would be and we were super grateful to have help from a few local contacts.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
One thing we decided is that we will open the B&B booking to our family and friends a week or so before we open for general booking each spring for cheap/free rooms. We fully expect visits.
Brothers and I have been discussing an Alaska trip for some salmon. You'll be the first place we look to book with!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've got a friend looking for an entry-ish type cyber security job. Hes got like 12 months help desk and a recent degree from WGU in cyber.
My brother worked in cyber security at Ultradent in South Jordan, he loved it there and they took pretty good care of him. He said they were always looking for IP protection people.

Coco

Tire Factory Point S in American Fork has two positions open at this time.

- Tire/Lube Tech - Have a kiddo that is looking to enter the working field and has an interest in working on cars? This is a great starting point, with lots of room for growth!

- Service Advisor - You can come work with me! :D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Tire Factory Point S in American Fork has two positions open at this time.

- Tire/Lube Tech - Have a kiddo that is looking to enter the working field and has an interest in working on cars? This is a great starting point, with lots of room for growth!

- Service Advisor - You can come work with me! :D
Any idea what the tire lube tech starts at? My son has been working at the Jiffy Lube in AF and may be interested.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Lodestone Events, which puts on the various Overland Expo's, is hiring a new Social Media Marketing Coordinator:

I contract with Lodestone as their systems administrator, and they're a good company to work with. They treat their employees well and its a really fun group of people. Hours are 100% flexible and its 100% remote, plus you get to attend all the events.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
We are still looking for another Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. We have been fortunate to hire a couple apprentices over the past month or so but we are still looking to hire someone with some experience in general MHE (Material Handling Equipment) as well as conveyor experience and crane knowledge and experience would be very beneficial.

Please contact me if you are interested in a pandemic proof job (can't believe that's a thing now) :rolleyes: and are willing to work and grow with a fortune 500 company. Matching 401k or ROTH, good health, dental and vision insurance and overall job satisfaction knowing we are providing stability to our communities by ensuring they are supplied with food and supplies.

Mike