Joshua's blue ox dilemma

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
Hey all take a look at this pic, it is on a 2001 f250 with a 6" lift, you can see the steering linkage and the trac bar are at different angles, my question is this what symptoms/problems would this cause? Thanks for you experiences and opinions

Attachments

• PXL_20210508_162824482.jpg
    PXL_20210508_162824482.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 50

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Hey all take a look at this pic, it is on a 2001 f250 with a 6" lift, you can see the steering linkage and the trac bar are at different angles, my question is this what symptoms/problems would this cause? Thanks for you experiences and opinions
bump steer if those stiff leave can even compress.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
If you do see a little bump steer, it would be easy to correct that track bar. I would be surprised if there wasn't a correction bracket offered for that exact application from a place like Tuff Country.

Die Blaue Ziege

So I have ordered the drop bracket, the reason I ask about what the effects would be is I have been trying to chase down the reason for the truck pulling to the driver's side, I have done new calipers on all 4 corners, new soft brake lines, new rotors, pads as well, new moog problem solver ball joints, new wheel bearing hub assembly's, new hub lockouts, new Spicer u joints on the axle shafts, new seals on the axle as well. All this and it's still pulling, oh yeah it's been to multiple shops for alignment check and have played with the alignment on my own as well I have installed multiple ball joint bushings to adjust the castor/camber.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
So I have ordered the drop bracket, the reason I ask about what the effects would be is I have been trying to chase down the reason for the truck pulling to the driver's side, I have done new calipers on all 4 corners, new soft brake lines, new rotors, pads as well, new moog problem solver ball joints, new wheel bearing hub assembly's, new hub lockouts, new Spicer u joints on the axle shafts, new seals on the axle as well. All this and it's still pulling, oh yeah it's been to multiple shops for alignment check and have played with the alignment on my own as well I have installed multiple ball joint bushings to adjust the castor/camber.

We used to swap the front tires on vehicles that still had a pull after a lot of other things were tried.

In Fact, I had to do it to my f350 just a few weeks ago because it started pulling left. All things were tight, and alignment was on. Swapped the front tires, and it tracks straight now.

1969honda

Supporting Member
Double check the track bar bushings and track bar itself, I've seen them get a slight bend on multiple trucks and then not track straight. Alignment numbers were within spec but truck pulled until the bar was replaced.

Die Blaue Ziege

I ordered the correct trac bar relocation bracket, it made a world of difference the stuck now has the typical ford superduty slop but it tracks pretty straight. It still pulls a little to the driver's side, but I still need to change out the camber bushing that I installed and go back to the original ones, if it's still pulling after that, I think I will take off the u-bolts and check for a broken leaf spring center pin.

Attachments

• 16210336393888364652615938312769.jpg
    16210336393888364652615938312769.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 9

Die Blaue Ziege

After installing the drop bracket the truck was pulling much less, but it was still there, and the steering was very loose, when it wasn't pulling it was ping pinging all over the road.....so:

This morning on a whim I decided to put some camber/castor ball joint adjustable bushing in. I had played around with a couple sets of these before I noticed that the trac bar was misaligned, I went with a 3/4 degree bushing as the stock Spicer is a 1/2 degree, I installed them so they had a positive castor and camber so the camber adjustment would be closer to 1/2 and it would give me a little more castor. After installing them I was checking the torque on the bolts for the drop bracket, I noticed the nut holding my drop pitman arm was loose, I tightened it up and took ox for a drive. Wow, the steering is now tight, and it is tracking straight!

Die Blaue Ziege

And of course,as soon as I'm feeling good about the truck I get a battery dash light...... Tested the alternator with my tester, and it's bad. I ordered a new one off Amazon for 90.00, it arrived yesterday and had it installed in 10 minutes. The old alternator never put out more than 13.5 v, the new one on my drive to work out out 14.6. I guess the old one was telling me for quite some time " hey bud I need to be replaced"

Die Blaue Ziege

I have been doing a little project on Ox, I'm installing a cng kit to run side by side with the diesel, progress so far installed the regulator, fill valve, ran the coolent hoses, and drilled the holes to mount the tank.

Attachments

• PXL_20210531_175429385.jpg
    PXL_20210531_175429385.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20210531_175435714.jpg
    PXL_20210531_175435714.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Die Blaue Ziege

I finished mounting the tank, and running the cng fuel lines, the electronics were simple, needed a 12 v switched, a ground and a clean tach connection. The system is now running, if I didn't tell you it had a cng system on it you would never know, it drives just like it did before, a little more get up and go, and the egt's run a little hotter when you are getting on it. But being able to have the extra fuel capacity, and using the cheaper cng as fuel (around $2.00 per gge) this should be a fast payback. A couple guys I work with have done a number of these and they told me that the overall mog should go up.

Die Blaue Ziege

Thought I'd post an update on the cng system. I have been running the system both in town and on the highway, we also took a trip with our trailmanor to the north slope of the Unitas, then down to flaming gorge, up through the steep canyon over to vernal, through the canyon and steep passes forward strawberry and back to Logan via Ogden. I must say the cng system worked flawlessly, the canyons pulled much better than in stock form ( while pulling the hills I turned the system off and on to see what the power difference felt like and man it makes a giant improvement. My egt's always stayed low, the trans did get a little warm but never over 200 degrees. It was a little bothersome having so much room taken out of the bed for the tank, I am currently talking to a guy who may have a set of tanks that will fit under the bed in the spare tire location. All in all a wonderful upgrade, it only cost me 350. As I was able to source the ( non expired) tank for free.

Attachments

• PXL_20210620_201000496.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210620_201000496.MP.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 24