July 4th Rubicon trip - 1 spot open

LJTim

We have a group of about 9 rigs doing the Rubicon on July 4th. One of my friends had to bail because of multiple unfortunate financial hits over the past couple months. So we're hoping someone would like to take his spot, particularly with the cost of the lake house we have rented in South Lake Tahoe. Below is our basic itinerary to get an idea of our activities and schedule. We have a group of several couples leaving kids home, 2 empty-nester couples, another fella (might have to leave his wife home, and bring a couple of his kids) and a couple in their late 20's - so a pretty wide variety, all of which I have either been friends with for many years, or that I have met through wheeling in Sand Hollow. About half of us are LDS, and the others are a mild bunch. I only mention that because partying will not be a prominent part of our group. But I'm not saying no alcohol is allowed in the rental house either.

This is the first time to the Con as well as Tahoe for nearly all of us, so we are taking some time to enjoy the Tahoe area as well. Portions of the trail will be muddy and we anticipate some snow in areas as well, so I expect some of the trail will be less than picture perfect - ideal conditions, but we have paid for the house, and it is not refundable, so we are making the trip work. If you are interested, send me a message, and I'll fill you in on cost.

Last edited:

Bart

I'm guessing the muddiest sections will be around Rubicon Springs, and also guessing that some of that campground won't be accessible. Still sounds like a fun trip. Wish I had some time so I could join you.

LJTim

I'm guessing the muddiest sections will be around Rubicon Springs, and also guessing that some of that campground won't be accessible. Still sounds like a fun trip. Wish I had some time so I could join you.
The springs looks mostly dry. The worst areas right now are between observation and Tahoma. I just ordered my rubber rain boots from Amazon. We should be all set now :rofl: