Official July RME trip - Vernal

Dbmjinc

I plan on going as well. I’m a local guy who has been on these trails both summer and winter for the past 30 years. Dirt bikes, 4 wheelers,sxs’s Jeeps and buggy’s. Docs beach and red Mountain and all the surrounding trails is a great place to play. You can make it as mild or wild as you want or dare. I started riding dirt bikes in this area and then when I got into wheeling I started making ‘’obstacles’’ which now are trails. There is typically a bypass for those that are less equipped in the docs beach area. I think I will plan on driving my buggy and my son in his buggy at docs beach and then take my Jeep to red mountain.
I haven’t been posting because I was unsure if I was going to make it. We have a lot of great places to go wheeling out here. I even have a trail that we have walked up but still haven’t put tires on it yet. It starts mild and goes to extreme. I just need to find someone to make the drive to vernal and try it with me!
Brent Jolley

Dbmjinc

Dang! It might. I’m only on 33’s with a tight limited slip in the rear. Think I could make Docs Beach? If not, where could I meet up with you guys between trails? We could do some other stuff around town first, then meet up for Red Mountain and Moonshine Arch.
You will be fine for the most part at docs beach. Typically a bypass so you should be good.

LJTim

Brent, I’m glad you posted, and even more excited you will be coming. I’ve followed you and your family on Facebook for a little while now. I’m stoked to see that new buggy you got for the kids.

Ron said pretty much what Brent said. There are bypasses around everything. But there is a section that may require a winch or a strap in the center loop section that has a twisty steep climb. But you’ll be alright with some will power, skinny pedal, and good support from the group. You might be just fine with out any aid.

LJTim

This is stacking up to be pretty big. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 30 rigs there. I keep getting calls and texts from more people wanting to join. I'm looking forward to meeting so many new people.

LJTim

PS,

If anyone wants to play around at Doc's Beach tonight, let me know. Some of us might get a little night play in before bed time. I'll likely stroll into town at around 8-8:30. Probably grab a shake at the Polar King or something, then do a little night wheeling.

Pile of parts

This is stacking up to be pretty big. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 30 rigs there. I keep getting calls and texts from more people wanting to join. I'm looking forward to meeting so many new people.
I wish I were one of them! Just couldn't make it happen. Should be a great time. Nice job putting it together!

LJTim

I’m with Alex. I was going to camp but I got scared of the rain. Looks like it might stay dry. I’ll see you a bit before 7. I’ll probably be a bit closer to the bathrooms.

rockwell

Ok boys, any reports? Trail damage? Anything?

Chompin at the bit huh? I only ran Docs Beach with them. As far as I heard there was only a wheel spacer that worked it’s way loose. The other guys will have to chime in about any other carnage. I didn’t get any pics though, sorry! I was busy driving, and my wife was busy wrangling two kids. Had a great time though!

pkrfctr

It was a late night. I'm sure Tim will get a trip report up today. We had a couple guys get a tiny bit of body damage, took out a tailgate on a full size blazer, a near roll for an LJ, and I lost a brake line. Think that's it for carnage. Great day. Everyone got soaked with a few microbursts in the afternoon and most needed a strap/winch throughout the day.

LJTim

Trip report and oodles of pics: