Official July RME trip - Vernal

Pike2350

I wanted to make this but with my broken axle shaft that I haven't had time or $ to fix I'm out. I ran Red Mountain years ago and wish I could do it again.

Look forward to pics and report

LJTim

Just confirming who is coming. Let me know if you are on this list, but shouldn't or if you should be, but aren't. We don't want to leave anyone behind.

Also, if anyone needs to reach me, I am available at 801-598-6588
HAM radio frequency: 449.250
CB: 24

(I don't know everyone's names, some might be duplicated from facebook)
1. Ron Allred
2. Tim Saunders
3. Tim Nelson
4. Herzog
5. Toad
6. Steve Harris
7. Joe Meyers
8. Ryan Kary
9. Sean Lytle
10. Brett Davis
11. Alex Gertsch
13. Houndoc
14. maveric
16. Marc Bryson?
17. rockwell?
18. Paul Shallop
19. Roland Hamilton

LJTim

Roughly how long do these two trails take to run? Is there ample parking at the trailhead for truck/trailers?
Plenty of parking near the GPS cords. I plan to park my trailer near the bathrooms.

Both are 3-5 hours depending on how fast we move through it. I’m planning on getting off the trail close to 5. But that’s just my estimate.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I started prepping yesterday for the trip and have a couple of issues that won't be resolved in time. Leaf spring on the Jeep and something on my trailer wheel/hub/axle and will need a new tire. I will not make it unfortunately. :( Hell of a group! Hate to miss it

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Bummed Marc!

I am as well. Unfortunately, I haven't been all that lucky with the Old Man Emu XJ leaf springs. It's probably time to link up the rear? To be fair, I am running them backwards and on a rig they are not designed for. To link it, I need some rod ends and some good shocks/coilovers/spring mounts/ORI's or whatever combination I need to come up with. Not sure if I'll have the budget for that while I'm building the house? We are pretty lean until we get the yard in and then I should be back to the new normal where I have a few bucks again. (seriously considering selling the trail Jeep and picking up a clean TJ or LJ on 33-35" tires--I just don't use the 1 ton stuff like I used to)

I just had to fix my Super Duty AC and that stole any budget I had for car fixes for a while. That fund (can you tell the accountant at the house is running the financial show now :D ) isn't getting replenished as quickly as it used to.

Last edited:

rockwell

We should be making it, everything has fallen into place. I work the afternoon before, so I plan to hit the road at 3AM Saturday to be there by 7AM. I work too late to make the drive the night before and stay in a hotel.

rockwell

Oh, and I only plan on running Red Mountain. We are going to take the kids to the dinosaur museum after the trail, and spend the afternoon around town.

gertsch

Noooooooo!!!
I started prepping yesterday for the trip and have a couple of issues that won't be resolved in time. Leaf spring on the Jeep and something on my trailer wheel/hub/axle and will need a new tire. I will not make it unfortunately. :( Hell of a group! Hate to miss it

LJTim

Oh, and I only plan on running Red Mountain. We are going to take the kids to the dinosaur museum after the trail, and spend the afternoon around town.
Just a heads up. The locals decided it would be best if we start with Doc's Beach, then Red Mtn. I hope that doesn't throw a kink in your plans.

rockwell

Just a heads up. The locals decided it would be best if we start with Doc's Beach, then Red Mtn. I hope that doesn't throw a kink in your plans.

Dang! It might. I’m only on 33’s with a tight limited slip in the rear. Think I could make Docs Beach? If not, where could I meet up with you guys between trails? We could do some other stuff around town first, then meet up for Red Mountain and Moonshine Arch.