The Trailantula

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
Is that the Trailblazer intake?

Yeah, this one is off a 2011 Silverado. All 4thgen truck motors have this style but it’s commonly referred to as the TBSS intake. Got it all prettied up and all the unnecessary stuff plugged and fixed up for how I’m gonna need it then of course I had to make sure the heathens of the shop knew it was mine

IMG_0720.jpeg

_Auzzy_

Little more done on the front plate of the rear truss. Took a few tries before I finally settled for one I liked, roughly 7. Will look tough once it’s all done 🤘

First a rough cut with constructive criticism memos

IMG_0721.jpeg

Adding card board to fill gaps

IMG_0724.jpeg

Fine tuning

IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

And a stack from the first rough cut to final test fit.

IMG_0737.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg

Aaaannnd final product. Put a split in it to save on plate material/space and then welded it back together. Cory plans to possibly fine tune it some more and use this for a future truss design he might market so if y’all need a ribbed 14b truss in the future hit him up 👍 I also plan to fix the webs. Need to throw them back on the screen and figure out where I goofed them.

IMG_0739.jpeg

And of course with every build you want to keep your cut files organized so I did that tonight as well

IMG_0736.jpeg

Last edited:

_Auzzy_

Tank update, cleaned it up and drilled some holes. 10an return fitting welded in at the 3/4 height mark, site glass fittings burned in and a 1/4npt hole tapped for a temp probe. Site glasses are 1”npt, put one below to show if I’m ever below the return. Ideally my fluid will stay right around that line giving me roughly 1.8 gallons of fluid.

IMG_0944.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg

IMG_0941.jpeg

Oh and I threw the 60 on the table too

IMG_0942.jpeg