Just Another Girly Jeep V2.0

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
My wife has wanted a jeep ever since I got rid of my trusty old YJ. It just had too many trail miles on it and just wasnt up for another season of hard wheelin.
15310_110194192337331_3093613_n.jpg

I had started to build her a stretched YJ with a V8.....some of you may have seen the original build thread on here(Just Another Girly Jeep).
226222_212346852122064_4852323_n.jpg

I missed running the hardcore trails of CO and UT, so I ordered a chassis from Hazardous Concepts. Of course that means I needed my shop space back. So after begging forgiveness(and promising to build her another jeep) I parted out her jeep and began the chassis build.

A few months ago I came across a 2005 TJ Rubicon in need of some attention and picked it up for a screamin deal. So "Just Another Girly Jeep V2.0" was born. This was the day I brought it home...after about 3 hours at the car wash trying to clean it up/out.
550557_469624939727586_1310266506_n.jpg

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
As the mud washed off... some nice parts showed themselves. It already had OME 2.5" springs and matching shocks along with Teraflex "Monster" lowers and Teraflex adjustable track bar. There were a pair of Poison Spyder trail corners sitting in the back of it and the Bestop frameless soft top was in pretty good shape.

One of the good things(and bad things) about building a jeep is that everything has been done before. Since Im neck deep in a buggy build, the last thing I wanted to do is more in depth fab work. So after doing a lot of much needed maintenance, I was able to start ordering parts for it. I ordered a Barnes 4wd Aluminum stubby front bumper and winch plate when it was on sale and put my old Warn Xd9000i with syn line on the front. Then I picked up a set of used Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers from a friend and headed over to Discount tire to get rid of those trashed stock 31's. I came home with a set of 35s on the stock wheels.

19509_517750884914991_1730970274_n.jpg

That brings us up to date on the build.... but it is by no means done. We are going to get some tube fenders to replace the beat up originals and eventually build some long arms while stretching the wheelbase.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
A few trail miles later I ordered a set of Genright G3 tube fenders for it. Im just painting them today and the jeep will go off to its new owners in Montana pretty soon.

969967_567534266603319_719319011_n.jpg

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Selling.so.soon?

Yeah. It's a great rig and we like it a lot, but its too small for what we want to use it for...camping and exploring the Colorado high country. We found ourselves still trailering it everywhere which wasn't the intention when we bought it.

Last month my wife's trailblazer started to act up on her and I didn't want it to die while I was in another country, so we picked up a 2012 JKU sport that will get all the same treatments as the TJ its replacing.