Just bought an m24/47

airmanwilliams

Anyone know much about aftermarket add-ons for the yugo 8mm m24/47?

I am in search for a new stock and am thinking of getting a timney deluxe trigger for this.

Attachments

• IMG_20140121_102406.jpg
    IMG_20140121_102406.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 34

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
What's wrong with the stock now? I'm not up on the Yugos but, I don't think I would drop too much coin on one.
Shoot it first, then see what you want to do with it.
Congrats BTW!

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Strip, clean, refinish the stock, put it back together and shoot it...aftermarket for that ss almost like upgrading a samurai or polishing a turd... and mythbusters did prove you can polish a turd

airmanwilliams

Strip, clean, refinish the stock, put it back together and shoot it...aftermarket for that ss almost like upgrading a samurai or polishing a turd... and mythbusters did prove you can polish a turd

Haha good point. I will look into stripping it and refinishing it real nice. Do any of you know of a scope mount that may not require drilling and tapping into this? I am not sure I want to drill into this.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Haha good point. I will look into stripping it and refinishing it real nice. Do any of you know of a scope mount that may not require drilling and tapping into this? I am not sure I want to drill into this.

should be built on a Mouser k98.. you should be able to get a rail mount that goes into the current sights :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAUSER-98-K...se-Mount-/271002970165?_trksid=p2054897.l4276

As for your stock that thing is full of creasote.. and will take a lot of work to get cleaned up so that you can refinish it... Think stick it in the oven, spray with brake cleaner.. repeat a bunch of times

Depending on the trigger that it has some 1000 grit sandpaper can make a night and day difference in how smooth it operates... sand, test, sand, test, sand, test sand too much buy a new trigger

Way too much time building up mouser 98 stuff with my dad growing up :)

D

Deleted member 12904

Congrats on the rifle. My vote is also a strip and refinish. IMO it will look better than aftermarket, be cheaper and allow you to own a firearm you took the pride of refinishing.

airmanwilliams

Thank you for the advice guys. I am toying with the idea and may post this up soon to see if someone has a yugo sks they would like to trade for it, .17 super mag, or hi point 40cal rifle.