just got back from moab...The pickle trail is no longer!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
for those of you that like the short and sweet ever famous "pickle" it is not more. These last rains brought down some 10' high flood waters that caved in the main obstacle just after the freestanding rock to the tune of 12' high boulders and silt backfilling!!! the pickle is pickled!! pictures forthcoming....

the trip was great!! I only destroyed both rear cj-leafs. one snapped the other turned inside out. Other carnage included a unseated bogger and blown front locker on other vehicles. pictures are coming I promise!!

pickle.jpg

pickle3.jpg

pickle2.jpg

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
no doubt there are going to be some modifications. with a hammer drill and a generator, there could be another route made. the pickle part is buried under about 12-14 feet of silt. the last pic is for scale. the camera was level with the highest point on the pile shooting flat to the rock. the guy in the shorts is 6 feet tall.........that is one big pile!!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by spencurai
no doubt there are going to be some modifications. with a hammer drill and a generator, there could be another route made.

Spence,
I'd be careful about modifying the route until you coordinate with the locals and the proper authorities.

is there a line possible at all?? I'm not talking about a line that you could make or I could make, but what about the guys with the full on rock buggies? After all, one of the goals of our work at the rock pile is to limit the traffic above it to those folks who can make it through the obstacle. so, maybe this line should be left for the really hardcore rides.

jd

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I was referring to the moab locals as to the trail modifications. I am sure as soon as they learn of it's demise they will be out there with some winches and some hammer drills.

As to a line that is possible to anything....not likely!! I have seen some cooky shiznit done by the rock buggy people but this is most likely not happening!! Someone might prove me wrong though!;)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by spencurai
I was referring to the moab locals as to the trail modifications. I am sure as soon as they learn of it's demise they will be out there with some winches and some hammer drills.

Sorry spence, I should have known you weren't talking about yourself with the rock hammers.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by BlackSheep

Sorry spence, I should have known you weren't talking about yourself with the rock hammers.

dont get me wrong...I like those hammer drills and given the chance and permission, I would be all over that making a new route but that day I had to poo really bad and there was nothing to wipe with for miles......:D

xjc

I give up :(
Looks awesone, I'm so jelous I wasn't there, Not that I have a rig that could have kept up or anything but I am feeling the need for some slickrock

Maybe later this year

Spence, How did you get out with the dead springs??? how bad was it?

Last edited:

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Spence,
I know how the #2 goes in the middle of nowhere. Easter Safari, this year, Big Saturday, Almost half way into Metal Masher, when BAM the runs with runs. I should have bought the port-a-chair (thats all it is) from the trail leader I used it so much. When we stopped for lunch by rock chucker is when I decided to call it quits. Headed back by myself, well there were 3 others with me. Was not very exciting :( Oh yeah and the stupid chair kept falling apart. :mad: People were like you got to go again?? Damn what did you eat?? I didn't even have to ask for the port-a-chair. they were like..here. All I got to say is Don't eat at the mexican joint before your on the last day. There is more to that day but I will have to post later.

Last edited: