Kane County officials are still kicking butt!

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
They wont lose. WHY DO YOU THINK THE FEDS HAVE BEEN SO RELUCTANT TO ACT...Mark is on solid legal ground and he knows it, so does the US Attorney. If legal action goes down USA-ALL will be there to support Mark.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
Since when has the fed gvt been reluctant to act? It seems to me that they have been all over this situation from the beginning. Trying to keep it out of the courts to save us (taxpayers) money is not being reluctant. When this thing goes to court we (taxpayers) will foot the bill for both sides of it, and we will be the losers no matter what the court decision is. It also seems to me that Kane county has been very underhanded in what they're doing & how they're doing it. I don't believe that they will be as successful as others think they will.

Jones

Public Safety?

How are these trails a concern of public safety?

"Wisely says she has been compelled to act in the wake of the most recent episodes, because it has now reached the point where public safety could be impacted."

That sounds a bit like reach to me. Haven't read any reports of those signs attacking people.

utahmike

Lobbyist \ Consultant
Rick B said:
Since when has the fed gvt been reluctant to act? It seems to me that they have been all over this situation from the beginning. Trying to keep it out of the courts to save us (taxpayers) money is not being reluctant. When this thing goes to court we (taxpayers) will foot the bill for both sides of it, and we will be the losers no matter what the court decision is. It also seems to me that Kane county has been very underhanded in what they're doing & how they're doing it. I don't believe that they will be as successful as others think they will.
CRAP! I JUST typed a great response to this, and i fat fingured it and ot's been deleted...in a nutshell..no way rick, Kane county is on solid legal ground, i know Mark personally, he is an honest upstanding guy. Fed's Reluctant? yes! why do you think it has taken 2 years and nothing has been done? why do you think BLM has reffered further action to the solicitor? he cant do anything but negotiate and advise. why wont BLM say what legal action they will take? dont even tell me statagey. thats not it. BLM knows what weak ground they are on. Tough talk thats it. Kane county can show use and construction prior to and since Oct. '76. How will BLM refute that? Nothing underhanded. And no this wont end up costing local tax payers in the end. Feds will have to reimburse the county when Kane County wins. I will debate / discuss this with anyone anytime, all 29 counties should follow Kane county's bravery. time will tell.
p.s. the press has really done a diservice to these commissioners, they are not renegades, they are good honest people, doing thier job protecting the rights of the people to access thier land.

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Great Response

I feel that Kane county is doing a great job and wish that Washington and other counties would step up also. Why wait to see what happens in Kane county before stepping up. My opinion is that we need to elect more recreational oriented people for Sure in Washington county. Also more noise made by us and more rebuttles to the comments and news stories that air so often with one sided point of views, from the environmentalist point of view. Anywho my tow cents' Worth that's all it's worth.