Katzkins Leather interiors

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Anybody on here have any experiance with the katkinz interiors I am thinking about getting my dodge done but dont want it to look like like poo

Any advice is welcome

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Katzkin is a good quality leather conversion. When we have someone who wants to upgrade a car to leather, the shop we use (Auto Trim Design) uses Katzkin leather exclusively. It looks (and especially feels) superior to OEM leather.

FYI

kungfufighter06

out of my way bitches!
I have done alot of these kits also. I think they are alot better quality than factory leather, and have not had any problems with breaking things.:eek:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Ive done hundreds of these kits.

I am not an installer, but I have sold hundreds of them over my nearly 17 years in the car business.

Sometimes the clips are wrong, OE clips need to be transfered, they dont come sewn right in certain area's.

As I said, I'm not an installer. However, since we are a reputable dealer, we stand behind the work we have performed on a vehicle, even if it was a sublet. Over the years, I've not had any customers complain about their leather conversions. We don't see any issues with clips, of course, but we would certainly see issues with sewing that comes undone, etc. Either way, these issues you mention have never been a problem for us. Perhaps this is a testament to Auto Trim Design more than it is to the Katskin company. :confused:

I mean who wants a brand new car torn apart. Dealerships lie to the customer and say they have a car with leather then just send it to a shop to get K.S. put on . Plastics on new cars are getting harder to take apart because of new "one-way" clips and sometimes things break .

I don't know which dealer(s) you have worked with, so I cannot comment about that. As for us, the reason we have Auto Trim install leather seats is because, on occasion, a customer will want to buy car X which didn't have factory leather interior. In the majority of cases, this happens because the customer doesn't want to buy the model with factory leather--it may be substantially more expensive than the lesser model, or perhaps the leather model bundles in other unwanted options such as a moonroof. In other situations, a customer will want their leather seats to be a color or design that the factory simply does not offer--a contrasting color, a two-tone design, or maybe some custom embroidery such as the Toyota picture shown above.

Long story short, I've personally dealt with a large number of people who wanted their new car modified to their desire. In every case, the end result was a satisfied customer. Based on these collective experiences, I would--and do--recommend Katskin interiors installed by Auto Trim Design to everyone.
embeer.gif

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
MY truck is old enough the factory cloth and even the driver seat cushion is starting to break down, I ordered a new cushion and I am not going to pay someone to recover my seats with cloth again. So Leather is getting ordered today and I will drop it off after WOTR to get it installed... I am really excited When I bought my truck Leather is only thing I wish it had and I am finally getting it

J-mobzz

Bumping this old thread. I recently bought a 2017 Tahoe and just received some black leather katzkin. I’m not sure I want to do the install myself. Can anyone recommend a place or person that might be willing to do the install? I’m happy to pull the seats and deliver them out of the vehicle.

DAA

Auto Trim Design did the install on Cindy's JLU. She (Cindy) got super duper picky about it. Took it back twice for things I didn't think were worth even mentioning. But they made her happy, with a smile. Heck, Katzkin even sent out a whole new set of leather to make her (Cindy) happy, over one tiny little wrinkle.

In the midst of it all, Auto Trim Design lost one of her factory rear floor mats. They put in new Weathertech mats at no charge.

They were all good to work with - Katzkin and Auto Trim Design, even with a difficult client. Spendy, but given how much grief my Wife put them all through, and how happy she is with it in the end, worth it.

- DAA

J-mobzz

Auto Trim Design did the install on Cindy's JLU. She (Cindy) got super duper picky about it. Took it back twice for things I didn't think were worth even mentioning. But they made her happy, with a smile. Heck, Katzkin even sent out a whole new set of leather to make her (Cindy) happy, over one tiny little wrinkle.

In the midst of it all, Auto Trim Design lost one of her factory rear floor mats. They put in new Weathertech mats at no charge.

They were all good to work with - Katzkin and Auto Trim Design, even with a difficult client. Spendy, but given how much grief my Wife put them all through, and how happy she is with it in the end, worth it.

- DAA
That’s great feedback. I’ll give them a call.

I feel like me installing leather would be like me thinking I can install dirt bike graphics. They end up looking good from 10’ but up close you can see I really had no clue what I was doing.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
They were all good to work with ... Auto Trim Design, even with a difficult client.

This is not surprising, given their track record.

I just had another personal experience with ATD this past week. I took my Corvette there for window tint. Most tint shops didn't want to attempt the job thanks to the complexity of the large curved back window, but ATD was willing to do the job. The installer was something of a perfectionist, and I'm certain he got more than he bargained for as he began the job at 10:00am and did not finish until 4:30pm. Even then, he was still concerned about one small spot that might not turn out perfect (once we wait for the water bubbles to evaporate away)... and he told me to let him know if any issue arose so I could bring it back and have him spend more time on it until it is exactly what I want.

This is a fantastic little shop.

J-mobzz

I’m dropping the vehicle off at DC customs in bountiful tomorrow morning for the leather installation and window tint. They are charging me $600 install for the two front seats and the rear 60/40 bench. Seems very reasonable as I estimate it to be a 8-10 hour job. I’ll updated you all with the results after it’s finished.

J-mobzz

I picked the Tahoe up today. It took a little longer that originally quoted on time and for me that’s not a big deal but I could see how if it was an only vehicle it may have been annoying.

The window tint is flawless. Some of the best tint I’ve ever had installed.

The leather looks good. There’s a few places that you can still see some creases from packaging and things like that but I think that’ll settle in especially after sitting in some sun for a few days. The airbag light is on and I’m assuming it’s one of the airbag seat sensors probably on the passenger side. I’m not going to really fault them for this because I took the seats out to detail the vehicle initially and the airbag sensor clip was really finicky and it was difficult for me to get it plugged in correctly so I’ll just deal with that on my own but it was on when they handed it over to me so that is a little weird.

I had them throw some seat heater pads in at the same time they really wanted to wire them and everything which I didn’t want because I install the center console out of a much higher end Tahoe that has the factory buttons for the seat heaters and I want to incorporate those into the seat heaters not the kit buttons so I had to almost talk them out of doing the full install .

Overall I’m super happy with the results and I still think it was a very fair price to have it done and I’m glad I didn’t have to have the headache of doing it myself. I actually switched out vehicles and I’m having them do window tint on the van today for me as well.

So I guess anybody that comes across this in the future I would definitely recommend DC customs in bountiful to install leather seats and do window tint as well.

C70A0779-F2C7-4A3C-B093-DE6F8F801FDC.jpegD8E63389-EFA6-4AD6-AC26-F1B7A7508F62.jpegA657DE64-FB3D-4CB4-A475-236E7A911CC6.jpeg