Kennecot Deer

V-DAWG

someday
My cousin's husband is an engineer out at Kennecot and he put in for a drawing to hunt a deer on their property. Well, out of 500 they chose 8, and he was one of the lucky one's.

He gets to have 2 people come along on the hunt to help him out. Now I just have to persuade him into believing I should be one of those 2!

Oh, and since this is Chat......what do you think that could sell for on ebay? Not that it is an option, but I bet there would be some people willing to spend a decent amount to hunt for a trophy off that mountain :handlebars: :bow:

Bone Down

I have heard of people offering upwards of 50k to hunt a trophy off of K land.

valid I do not know, but sounds good though.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Do you know where on K's land the tag is for? I'm pretty sure hunting is prohibited in Salt Lake County, private land or not.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
RockMonkey said:
I'm pretty sure hunting is prohibited in Salt Lake County, private land or not.
I worked on the KSL tower many years ago and they did the same thing back then. The hunters were only allowed to use shot gun slugs or bows. I must say, there are some big deer and elk up on that there mountain.

V-DAWG

someday
RockMonkey said:
Do you know where on K's land the tag is for? I'm pretty sure hunting is prohibited in Salt Lake County, private land or not.

I don't know where the permit is for exactly.

There were 8 that drew out for deer. I do not know how many elk permits there were.

Muleskinner:
I'll see what he thinks about the video offer.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Shawn said:
I worked on the KSL tower many years ago and they did the same thing back then. The hunters were only allowed to use shot gun slugs or bows. I must say, there are some big deer and elk up on that there mountain.

Not true, I never heard of anything like that. I know the guy who manages the herd discourages the use of bows because he has seen too many wounded animals get away. I took my elk with a 7mmMag

harkinoff

something to do...
As for the trophy, good luck. They drive you out too the place and say shoot that one usually. I have been putting in for that hunt now for years. I know several people that have had that hunt. They use to let you run wild, not anymore. Bob you are right. They expect a good shot, one shot sorta thing. No wounding. They expect you to gut and clean and have all hunting skills needed. Anyways good luck on trophy thing. As for hunting out there, yes you can shoot rifles pistols whatever it takes. 220 221 whatever it takes:greg:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
harkinoff said:
As for the trophy, good luck. They drive you out too the place and say shoot that one usually. I have been putting in for that hunt now for years. I know several people that have had that hunt. They use to let you run wild, not anymore. Bob you are right. They expect a good shot, one shot sorta thing. No wounding. They expect you to gut and clean and have all hunting skills needed. Anyways good luck on trophy thing. As for hunting out there, yes you can shoot rifles pistols whatever it takes. 220 221 whatever it takes:greg:

At least when I drew they offered to let you hunt up one canyon on your own but there were no animals there. I chose to go with the guide dude and he did say that I could not shoot the herd bull, but plenty of 6x6 trophys were fair game. Do you work for Kennecott?