Kevin's Coronovirus Quarantine Casserole

Tonkaman

So we ordered from Smith's in Magna today. Curbside pickup would have been Friday, but delivery took two hours. I guess the difference is they use their own employees to get the pickup orders ready, but use one of these other contractor companies (Door Dash? Grub Hub? I forget which) for the deliveries. Cost an extra $10 to have somebody else go to the store for us.
Totally worth it! How much of the order were they able to fulfill? How many unavailable items? If they substituted, were they wise choices?

I’m crossing my fingers for a positive review...

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Totally worth it! How much of the order were they able to fulfill? How many unavailable items? If they substituted, were they wise choices?

I’m crossing my fingers for a positive review...

They filled all of it. She couldn't find a couple things on our list and texted Nicole to see what was ok to substitute. We'll probably do it again.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Walmart actually shows if stuff is in stock when you order for curbside pick-up. Smith's does not. My wife has been using both for what seems like a couple years and it's amazing. She prefers Smith's for most stuff but when she needs to know we'll get something she uses Walmart. As the guy that goes and picks it up fairly often I will say Walmart usually delivers better and also have less "substitutions."

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Yabbut, that's Walmart, Nate. Unlike rock crawlers, we overlanders have these things called "standards". We can't let our RTTs and Maxtrax be seen in a Walmart parking lot, what would the neighbors think?

I guess they'd be shocked that you like to save money and live better...?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My wife got her VERY LARGE walmart curbside shopping order done today. 90% fulfilled. But they do track store to online, so we couldn't order all we wanted.

Edit: We are not paranoid and ordering a ton more than usual. We plan out and shop 1 month at a time. Today was shopping day.