Kid ATV

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Part of being a dad is being able to live out your childhood dreams through the eyes of your kids. So, I picked this up “for the kids” tonight 😉
52FAB4A0-EDD9-4750-882E-B5E941BE21D2.jpeg
Question for you all is this: do I need to register this? It’s a no name kid-sized 110cc Chinese ATV. It’ll get run in the field by our house, and might be taken out camping a couple times a year. The seller did not have a title for it, and I do not believe it’s ever been registered.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
By law yes you have to register it. If all you do is drive it on your private property it will never be an issue but the moment you are on public land and a DWR officer or BLM ranger show up yiu will likely get a ticket or even see it impounded.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
'should' be registered... but a ticket is only $40.. and if you are not camping in popular riding spots, you are likely to not ever see a ranger.

I went about 10 years between tickets ,not registering a handful of machines. I was WAAAYYYY ahead on money out of pocket.

J-mobzz

If it’s never been titled and you don’t have the mco/mso it might be tricky to register? I wouldn’t worry about it if you don’t have any paperwork on it and just be careful about where you take it to ride.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I fixed up one of these kid ATV for the grandkids. I had the state folks inspect it and they created a VIN for it so now I have a title and registration for it. The kids have now outgrown it so I need to fix up a few things and sell it.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
@jeeper @STAG
I wonder if OHV regs supercede that DMV rule- because I was 100% hassled by a fish cop at our race Saturday on that "new" TTR90e I built for Leo.
And I have been hassled on my boys PW50s in Bountiful.

I will tell you this though. If it's got a VIN and it's worth less than $500 you can title it with almost zero hassle. And the value will immediately increase $100-$300 (depending on total value).

Let me know if you want and I will link the forms you need from the DMV.Utah.gov