Kill Shot

roverrocks

Just finished the latest CIA assassin/operative Mitch Rapp novel by author Vince Flynn called "Kill Shot". It had some very good moments but overall I thought it was the worst Mitch Rapp novel I have read and I have read all of them. Not a bad novel by any means however. I will take a Jack Reacher or Bob Lee Swagger or Richard Sharpe novel over most Mitch Rapp novels though. Looking forward to reading "The Wolf Gift" by Anne Rice and "All Necessary Force" by Brad Taylor and "Raylan" by Leonard in the near future. I absolutely have been enthrall by all of Rice's numerous novels over the years. Too little time and too many novels.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Richard Sharpe is the MAN! I'll read anything Cornwell writes.

I read Kill Shot a couple weeks ago. It was a little weak.

I finished American Sniper today. It's the biography of Chris Kyle, Navy Seal sniper with the current record number of kills. I really enjoyed it. 100% not politically correct.

roverrocks

I need to read American Sniper. Will put that on my To Read list. I agree Sharpe is the MAN! Terrific reads that I can't put down. Wish a new one would come out. Finished Death of Kings by Cornwell a couple of weeks ago. Terrific series of books by Cornwell.

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I need to read Death of Kings still.

Cornwell and Wilbur Smith are my two favorite authors. If you haven't read any Wilbur Smith, you should. Start with Monsoon or Bird of Prey.

Last edited: